Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

hd 5500 - Problems watching movies etc

Goeffel
Novice

hi,

i've got a medion notebook with build-in hd 5500 graphics and everytime i watch movies, streams or something like this, the display turns black after 20 minutes. when i've plugged in a HDMI cabel to watch on a TV the signal gets lost and the sound ist playing on the laptop which has an black screen. i've set the energy scedule to maximum in the Intel manager and in Windows (OS is win 10pro).

what can i do to get this fixed? 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Goeffel, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the monitor/TV?

What is the model of the Intel® Processor?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Are you using adapters or converters?

Please provide the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Goeffel
Novice

hi, it's a Medion Akoya E7416 Laptop With a i5 5200U Processor,

I've bougt it used and installed a SSD, so i had to Re-install Windows 10, after that, that issues startet.

I didn't change anything else. I can't post the Logfile from the SSU, because this website says: This value must be shorter than 100,000 characters in length.

Can i post it somewhere else or in a message?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

LOL! You have the SSU tool output the report to a file and then you upload and attach the file via the Drag and Drop window below the response Body edit window. This way, the report can be any size (well, up to 71MB).

Where did you get the graphics driver you used? Was it from the Medion site or from the Intel site? (Hint: For laptops, it is recommended to go with drivers on the vendor's site as these could be modified by the vendor specifically for this laptop.)

If you run the movie/stream in a window, rather than full screen, does the problem still occur?

A possibility that comes to mind is that overheating is occurring. Can you run something (AIDA64, for example) that can display the processor temperature on-screen while the movie/stream is running?

...S

0 Kudos
Goeffel
Novice

hi,

so while watching a movie the maximum cpu temperature was 60 degrees Celsius. (using HWMonitor)

Now i've also attached the file. I downloaded all the drivers from the Medion Website.

it doesn't matter if its in Windowed or fullscreen mode. 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There is a new(er) release of the graphics driver that you could try available here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29971/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-.

I also have my concerns that this problem is related to the small amount of memory available. You have only 4GB; is there a second socket that you could add an additional 4GB to? Even if this doesn't affect the issue, it will still improve the performance of the laptop significantly.

...S

0 Kudos
Goeffel
Novice

hey i've tested it now for a few days and it works 🙂

thanks a lot, this is so awesome 😄 never thougt i'd be so "easy".

have happy holidays and a great new year

0 Kudos
josekeitt
Beginner

Hey there,

It sounds like you're encountering a persistent issue with your Medion notebook's built-in HD 5500 graphics while watching movies or streams. The display going black after 20 minutes and the signal loss when using an HDMI cable are definitely frustrating problems. Given that you've already adjusted the energy schedule in both the Intel manager and Windows settings, it might be worth checking for driver updates for your HD 5500 graphics. Sometimes, outdated or incompatible drivers can cause such issues. Additionally, ensure that your laptop is not overheating during extended usage, as that could contribute to display problems. If the problem persists, consider reaching out to Medion's customer support for further assistance. On a side note, if you're into streaming, you might want to explore free netflix subscription app, a user-friendly platform for accessing various content....i hope you will be fine and this information with helped you out.

Best of Luck & Happy Journey.

0 Kudos