Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20649 Discussions

hd audio driver problem Audio Driver for Display Audio on hdmi connection.

Sergio2306
Beginner

Hi,

Processor: 13th Gen Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-1335 U

Grafic: Intel (R) Iris (R) Xe Graphics. 31.0.101.4575

I have a HP Laptop hooked up to a Generic TV.

Everything has been ok until a few weeks ago and now when playing a video from any source (YouTube, NOW TV, BBC etc) the audio starts and then there is a 3-4 second delay until the video starts and this continues with the video being 3-4 seconds behind the audio. This is through my TV speakers which use the Intel HD Audio Driver for Display Audio driver.

When I turn this off and switch the sound to my laptop speakers which use the Realtek Audio driver the audio and video are perfectly in sync as they should be.

So the issue is completely with the Intel driver. The version I have installed is dated 06/10/2023 Version 31.0.101.4887.

There is no update when I do the update check and so I do not know how to resolve this issue further, other than using my laptop speakers (which is rubbish solution).

Please, i need solution!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @Sergio2306

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

1.      When did you first notice this audio-video synchronization problem? Did it start suddenly, or has it been ongoing?

2.      Have you made any recent changes or updates to your system or software before the issue occurred?

3.      Is this delay consistent across all video sources, or does it vary depending on the platform (YouTube, NOW TV, BBC, etc.)?

4.      Can you confirm if the delay occurs only when using the TV speakers with the Intel HD Audio Driver, or does it happen with external speakers or headphones as well?

5.      Have you experienced any other audio or video issues apart from the synchronization problem?

6.      Can you provide more details about the specific model of your Generic TV and how it's connected to your laptop (e.g., HDMI, VGA, wireless)?

7.      Have you checked if the Generic TV has any firmware or software updates available that might address this issue?

8.      Do you have any other devices you can test with the TV to see if the synchronization problem is specific to the laptop or affects all connected devices?

9.      Are there any error messages or codes that appear when you encounter this issue?

10.  Have you reached out to HP or Intel support for assistance with this issue, and if so, what suggestions or solutions have they provided?

Please provide us with the SSU and IGCC reports:

IGCC Report: Follow these steps to generate an Intel® Graphics Driver report for the Intel® Graphics Control Panel or the Intel® Graphics Command Center. Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers.

SSU: Please download and scan your system using our tool, Intel® System Support Utility so we can help check your system info first. Once finished downloading, open the tool, click on scan 'Everything', click next, then save the system information to a .txt file. Please provide the .txt file.

This document will be necessary to check your entire system, in order to find possible errors or incompatibilities.

As a troubleshooting step, and based on your CPU graphics, try a Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows* of the latest driver: 31.0.101.4952.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello Sergio2306

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Please provide us with the SSU and IGCC reports. And as a troubleshooting step, and based on your CPU graphics, try a Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows* of the latest driver: 31.0.101.4952.

Let us know if you still need assistance. Otherwise, we will close the tread.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Sergio2306

We hope you are having a nice day. 

We have not heard back from you. So, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards. 

Jose B.  

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos