Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21013 Discussions

high system process when computer is idle after driver install

Qvand1
Beginner
After installing the Intel iris 5100 driver version 10.18.10.3960 I am getting high "system" and "dwm.exe" cpu usage when computer is idle with the screen in standby.If I remove the driver both the system and "dwm.exe" usage drops to 0%
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the Graphics community.

The drver dwm.exe assists with graphics and the Aero interface, however, it should not create any performance issues.

I would recommend testing with customized drivers from your computer manufacturer, as I have noticed that your system includes Intel(R) graphics and AMD Radeon graphics. Try uninstalling any graphics driver Intel - AMD from control panel, then obtain customized versions here: http://us.msi.com/support MSI USA - Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more

Allan.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the Graphics community.

The drver dwm.exe assists with graphics and the Aero interface, however, it should not create any performance issues.

I would recommend testing with customized drivers from your computer manufacturer, as I have noticed that your system includes Intel(R) graphics and AMD Radeon graphics. Try uninstalling any graphics driver Intel - AMD from control panel, then obtain customized versions here: http://us.msi.com/support MSI USA - Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more

Allan.

0 Kudos
Qvand1
Beginner

Hi Allan,

Thanks for your solution.

I uninstalled the intel driver and thereafter installed the customizid MSI intel Driver.

It works like a charm!

Quint

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

You are welcome. I am glad to hear the system is working now.

Allan.

0 Kudos