Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21165 Discussions

how to fix Vsync not turning off in intel graphics center

Samil
Beginner

hi everyone, i recently dug up my Dell Latitude 7290 with an i7 8650u and uhd graphics 620.

i cannot seem to turn off VSync in the Intel Graphics Control Center. i tried the standard app, wich doesnt have the option to add games for some reason and i tried the beta version wich is avaiable in the Microsoft Store. in the beta version. i'm able to add a game to the beta version and i'm also able to turn off vsync in the app, but when i start my game it stil caps to 60 fps. i've tried reinstalling windows 10 and 11. i've also confirmed that vsync is turned off in game. 

does anyone know how to fix this? is this fixable or am i unable to turn off VSync.

thank you for reading my message.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @Samil

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

It appears that you are encountering difficulties in disabling Vsync within IGCC. We would be pleased to provide you with assistance in resolving this matter. Prior to moving forward, we kindly request you to furnish us with the subsequent information:

·        Follow these steps to generate an Intel® Graphics Driver report for the Intel® Graphics Control Panel or the Intel® Graphics Command Center. Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers.

·        Please download and scan your system using our tool, Intel® System Support Utility so we can help check your system info first. Once finished downloading, open the tool, click on scan 'Everything', click next, then save the system information to a .txt file. Please provide the .txt file.

This document will be necessary to check your entire system, in order to find possible errors or incompatibilities.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Samil
Beginner

Hi IsaacQ_Intel!

I ran all the tests as you said.  here they are!

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @Samil

Thank you for your reply and for all the information provided.

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @Samil

Thank you for your patience.

In this instance, we encourage you to review the following article that delves into gaming features:

Intel® Graphics Command Center Missing Capture & Game Related Features

According to this, all gaming features were removed from IGCC and now moved to ARC control however ARC control will work on 11th gen and above.

Some game-related features may still be available in the Intel Graphics Command Center BETA as you mentioned before.

Regarding FPS as long as it is within 30 to 60 FPS this can be considered playable for this graphics gen.

We would like to know if you are experiencing any issues like lagging, freezes, etc. If not, then it is okay.

Additionally, kindly inform us about the specific games in which you are encountering difficulties.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
Samil
Beginner
Hi! I’ve used this laptop back in 2022 around august i think. That was before i switched to a MacBook. Back then i was able to turn off VSync And easily push around 144 fps on everything medium. Now when i start Fortnite it barely hits 60 in the lobby on the lowest possible 3d res. I don’t really know. My friend has the same specs in his laptop and is pushing around 120 on medium settings. When he turns on Vsync , his laptop performs even worse then mine. So at this point i know that it has to do with VSync. It also causes my other games like roblox to have a absurd amount of delay. Thank you for reading my message!
0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @Samil

Thank you for your reply.

We would like to ask you the following:

·        Does this issue also happen with the MacBook?

·        Have you tried ARC control as we suggested before?

Please take this information in consideration, According to this, all gaming features were removed from IGCC and now moved to ARC control however ARC control will work on 11th gen and above.

Also, you can try again these steps:

To disable V-Sync in Fortnite:

1.      Open the in-game menu by clicking the three lines in the top-left corner.

2.      Go to the bottom and click on the gear icon for settings.

3.      Navigate to graphics settings.

4.      Turn off V-Sync.

Apply changes and restart the game if needed.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
Samil
Beginner

hi, no the issue does not occur on my macbook. the thing is i had turned off V-sync from the beginning in Fortnite. 

as my laptop has a i7-8650u and is a 8th gen processor. it won't install arc control panel. 

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @Samil

Thank you for your reply.

We plan to conduct a lab test to reproduce this problem. Once we have the outcomes, we will provide you with an update.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
Samil
Beginner
0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @Samil

Thank you for your patience.

We must inform you that the lab is currently in process, we will keep you posted once we have the results. Thanks.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
Samil
Beginner
0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @Samil

Thank you for being patient.

Our investigation included lab testing, and the game ran smoothly at around 70FPS, which is considered playable without any issues. For more help with settings and performance, please contact the game developer.

We're closing this thread now.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos