Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

i need help i accidently changed my screen refresh rate from 60ĺhz io 100hz on intel HD settings is there a way to fix it on safe mlde or anywhere

akhs0
Beginner

g

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. I understand that you can't see video output now and you want boot in SAFE mode in order to set 60Hz refresh rate back?
  2.  Boot from your Windows 10 installation USB. The Installation Media USB (if you don't have one), you may prepare using Microsoft Media Creation Tool
  3. Select your language preferences and click/tap on Next.
  4. Click/tap on Repair your computer at the bottom.
  5.  Click/tap on Troubleshoot.
  6. Click/tap on Advanced options.
  7.  Click on Command Prompt
  8. In the Command Prompt write the following command: bcdedit /set {default} safeboot minimal and press enter to execute this command
  9. Close the Command Prompt window by clicking the X in the upper right corner of the Command Prompt window.
  10.  Select Continue and sign in to Windows 
  11. While in Windows, press Windows key + r. Run msconfig
  12. Chose Boot tab and uncheck Safe boot. Reboot your system. 

Leon

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello akhs0

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We hope the steps provided by the community were useful. Also, we noticed that you have 2 internal support cases regarding the same issue described in this thread and we noticed that you are already being assisted by Intel® Customer Support.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this thread in order to avoid duplication of effort and the support will continue through the internal support case.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos