Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20909 Discussions

igxprd32 crashes repeatable

idata
Employee

How to crash my newly set up System:

1. Boot

2. Start Windows Explorer

3. Right Click on one of the Harddrives to open the Context Menu

Thats it. After these Steps you do see the Context Menu but can't klick anything and after

a few more seconds you either sit in front a BSOD or the well known "The igxprd32 display

driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and reboot blablabla" error message.

The System:

Board: MSI H61M-E33 (MS-7680)

CPU: Intel Core i3-2105 CPU @ 3.10GHz

IGP: Intel Processor Graphics 3000

The Intel Online Tools just say the Network Driver is outdated but the recommended one

aborts Setup as its for Vista only, so that tip was pretty useless.

All other Drivers and BIOS are up to date according to Intel Online Checks

and MSI Live Update.

So ... what should i do. Get this stuff back to the Dealer? Wait until Intel hires some

REAL Programmers which get stuff actually working? If i had known the long history

of extraordinary stable display drivers i'd probably sitting in front of an AMD system

right now. For a company like Intel i'd thought a simple Google search for "igxprd32"

would cause some heads rolling ... but they just seem to give a shit about it...

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi there!

If you are receiving this error "Your system has recovered from a serious error", please check the following URL for a possible solution.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-009483.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-009483.htm

Or contact your computer manufacturer to obtain customized drivers for your computer model.

Here is the link to download latest graphics drivers from Intel site:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20035&ProdId=3319&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207*&DownloadType= http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20035&ProdId=3319&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207*&DownloadType=

Thanks

Allan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This is definitely a bug in the drivers. I've installed the latest version (14.46.7.5384) in Windows XP and I'm having exactly the same issue as you: I noticed it first when I opened the file manager and tried to empty the trash bin. The icon disappears and the computer crashes with an error of igxprd32. It happens with all drives though.

Funny thing is, developer team seems to be aware of the issue but failed to resolve it:

Driver Release Notes:

Icon disappears/ Garbage appears on Besier and Line Art screen saver/ BSOD at igxprd32 when restart the Windows with Celeron CPU.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

is there any solution? maybe bios update - any experience?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

I'm having exactly the same problem you described with an Intel motherboard! (Intel DH67BL - DH67BLB3)

I've tried graphics drivers IGXPRD32 version 6.14.10.5374, 6.14.10.5384 and 6.14.10.5387 and none of them have fixed that behavior.

(crash when right clicking on a top level icon in the left treeview under Windows Explorer under Windows XP Pro SP3)

I've also tried to disable the igxcui dynamic link library loaded by the explorer but with no more success...

Anyone knows an updated or older version of that driver which does not have this bug?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I found out that when I disable the shadows under menus (visual effects in display properties) I can right click without crashing my computer.

That's not a fix but this should help while waiting for a fixed driver.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you nocmahr! I was having the exact same problem on a Dell Latitude E6320 and unchecking shadows under menus worked like a charm

0 Kudos
MOwen
Beginner

As a solution for some of you:

This problem is also related to a bad "GPU" on the CPU. I have had several CPUs (i3 3220's) lately with bad integrated graphics. They work fine with a dedicated graphics card but 'onboard' graphics crash or fail completely. I may have needlessly RMA's a couple motherboards because of a bad batch of CPU's purchased through an Authorized Reseller.

0 Kudos