Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

integrated graphics / no display

idata
Employee

I just bought a new build this weekend. DH55HC 1156 board with integrated graphis. I have an I5-650. I have two 2gb chips in both DIMM 0 slots. So I hook everthing up and I can't get a display. So the LCD is a Samsung and I swapped over to my wife's LCD which we know works and still no dislay. This was using the VGA slot. I hooked it up using the DVI and still same thing. Any suggestions.

14 Replies
idata
Employee

I bought a PNY GT 9400 last night and plugged it into the PCI express slot, still no display at boot up on the VGA or DVI jacks off the card...I hooked up some speakers and there are no beeps at boot up either....Is this a bad mother board?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hey there.

Did you get the display even once after integrating or you never got display ?

And whats the frequency of DIMMS ? Sometimes, or lets say most of the times there are display issues while using compatible type but unsupported frequency..

Do you get intel logo on screen or not ?

Revert back, will be waiting

Cheers

Intelstar

idata
Employee

thank you for responding.

Never got a display. I have dual channel 1333 DIMMS, No logo. Monitor keeps saying no signal. whether I'm plugged into the VGA or DVI on the integrated jacks or the video card I bought. I plugged some speakers in b/c I saw a lot of folks talking about on these discussion boards as how to troubleshoot. No beeps though. Was wondering if I should try to reset the CMOS tonight.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The DIMMS are supported, so thats clear.

Now you gotta try 2 more things

1)Clear CMOS

2)Recovery BIOS

Remove the CMOS battery and keep it aside for like 1hour. All this time, plug off the system from mains

For BIOS recovery, download "TC0039P.BIO" from http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19226&ProdId=3142&lang=eng http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19226&ProdId=3142&lang=eng

Format the pen drive and copy this file in the pen drive.. Power off your system

Open your cabinet, remove the BIOS jumper completely (Which would be in 1-2 position)

Insert the pen drive into back side USB port

Power on your system. It should shut down or restart or ask you to shut down in 10-15 minutes

Place back jumper on 1-2 position

(Make sure you have not placed it back wrong, like on 2-3)

Remove the pen drive

Power on system

See if you get display

Cheers

Intelstar

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the help, I'll give this a shot tonight.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Post the news of that, if its convenient

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ok did everything, reset the CMOS. No change. Did the BIOS update off USB recovery. The only change is that now when I turn on the power at the PSU the computer fires up automatically without turning it on at the front panel. When I got no display but the change in the new power up I thought I may have made it worse so I redid the whole process again. No change, no display at all and computer fires up at the PSU switch now, not the front panel like before.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Did you get display while the BIOS was recovering ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Well under that case, replacement is the only option. BIOS recovery is the last step to see weather you can do someting at your end or not !

If you have purchased board within a month, Intel has 30days push back policy. Contact your Point of Purcahse and he will replace your baord with a brand new box product (only if you have purchased it in lsat 30days)

Else contact the Intel local support. They'll ask list of troubleshootin you've done, so keep it ready !

Cheers

Intelstar

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for your help, really appreciate it. I called Microcenter and they will replace the board on Saturday when I can get up there.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Got the board replaced Saturday, hooked it up and works like a charm.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hey, sorry for the late reply.

Good to hear you got it replaced. Enjoy your new board

Cheers

intelstar

0 Kudos