Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

intel HD graphics 3000 driver update

alevi3
Beginner

i have lenovo g570 running win7 with intel hd 3000 (version 9.17.10.3517), i updated the driver to version 15.28.22.3517 via intel driver updater tool but when the reboot finished it was still in the old version. how can i fix it?

i'm adding my laptop specs if needed.

thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Alonl, thanks for joining the graphics community.

I would like to inform you that the system is not able to update the driver since it looks like it already has the latest version available installed.

In our site the driver version 15.28.22.3517 is the latest version available for the HD3000, however this is the generic driver. That is the reason why the beginning of the version is different.

Usually OEM systems do not allow the installation of our drivers since they are generic. OEMs make a lot of customizations to the drivers and the installation of Intel's drivers could overwrite those customizations. Therefore it will affect your system.

I would recommend you to check with Lenovo if they have a newer driver.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Alonl, thanks for joining the graphics community.

I would like to inform you that the system is not able to update the driver since it looks like it already has the latest version available installed.

In our site the driver version 15.28.22.3517 is the latest version available for the HD3000, however this is the generic driver. That is the reason why the beginning of the version is different.

Usually OEM systems do not allow the installation of our drivers since they are generic. OEMs make a lot of customizations to the drivers and the installation of Intel's drivers could overwrite those customizations. Therefore it will affect your system.

I would recommend you to check with Lenovo if they have a newer driver.

glussier
New Contributor I

If you really want to try the Intel driver, download the *.zip file instead of the *.exe file and intall the driver via device manager. Nothing prevents you from going back to the lenovo version of the driver if you don't like the Intel driver.

alevi3
Beginner

thank you for the help, i'll check with lenovo then.

0 Kudos