Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21070 Discussions

intel arc A770

cm30
Beginner

Hi guys I'm new to the intel form after purchasing my intel ARC A770 LE on Newegg my gpu after updating my intel arc GPU to version 4644 on august 15th my monitor sometimes will go black into standby then come out of standby. do you think this can be resolved in a future driver update because the 4644 driver I installed also had a firmware update with it as well the driver updates that I had back in July I never ran into that issue.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello cm30

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. We appreciate choosing an Intel® Arc™ A770 GPU for your system and at the same time we are sorry that you started experiencing black screen issues after updating the driver.

We want to make sure we understood this problem correctly, From what I see your screen goes black and then it comes back to normal, How long it takes for the screen to come back to its usual display? it this like a flickering problem? And, is the issue constantly happening, is it random or does it happen with certain apps or games?

I would suggest discarding physical issues first, please try using different HDMI or DP cables depending on your connection and if you are using HDMI try DP or vice-versa. As well it will be good to test if the issue happens in a different monitor, if possible for you to test a different one.

As for the driver, the best option will be to do a clean installation using Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall the previous driver and any leftovers and then update to the latest version 31.0.101.4672.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello cm30

I wanted to follow up and check if you had the chance to reinstall the driver on your system as well as try different cables and monitors, let us know if the issue still happens on your system.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello cm30

We hope our recommendation to reinstall the driver using Display Driver Uninstaller and trying different cables fixed your flickering screen issue. We will be closing this thread since we have not heard back from you, in case you need further assistance feel free to open a new topic.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos