Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

intel_do_flush_locked failed: No such file or directory

Fernando_B_
Beginner

Hi,

I getting this error 

intel_do_flush_locked failed: No such file or directory

The environment is the following:

1.- I'm using intel media server to decode h264 stream. This is working OK.

2.- I want to share the surface with the decoded info and render it using openGL. This is failing.

I'm using QtAV for that, passing the VASurface (VAAPI) id. The error is shown when vaCopySurfaceGLX is called. Basically this function want to copy the VASurface into a GLX surface.

Searching I found the code in MESA where I think the problem is being generated. the file is intel_batchbuffer.c

do_flush_locked(struct intel_context *intel)
{
 struct intel_batchbuffer *batch = &intel->batch;
 int ret = 0;

ret = drm_intel_bo_subdata(batch->bo, 0, 4*batch->used, batch->map);

if (!intel->intelScreen->no_hw) {
  if (ret == 0) {
   if (unlikely(INTEL_DEBUG & DEBUG_AUB) && intel->vtbl.annotate_aub)
    intel->vtbl.annotate_aub(intel);
    ret = drm_intel_bo_mrb_exec(batch->bo, 4 * batch->used, NULL, 0, 0, I915_EXEC_RENDER);
   }
  }

if (unlikely(INTEL_DEBUG & DEBUG_BATCH))
   do_batch_dump(intel);

if (ret != 0) {
     fprintf(stderr, "intel_do_flush_locked failed: %s\n", strerror(-ret));
     exit(1);
  }
  intel->vtbl.new_batch(intel);

return ret;
}

The problem must be in  drm_intel_bo_subdata or drm_intel_bo_mrb_exec.

If I add this enviroment variable LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE = 1 rendering works perfectly, but it is using software and CPU use is very high.

any clue about why that error is being shown?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Michael_C_Intel2
Employee

Hi Fernando,

I need to check with some people to get help with your question. I am will get back to you soon.

-Michael

0 Kudos
Fernando_B_
Beginner

something?

0 Kudos
Michael_C_Intel2
Employee

Still trying to get an answer. This forum is for game development on Intel Graphics focused on Windows (we have a separate Android forum). We don't deal with Linux issues here. Getting an answer will take time.

-Michael

0 Kudos
Chad_V_Intel
Employee

Hi Fernando, I belong to Intel's Mesa team. For questions and issues with the Mesa driver, your best options are:

I suggest that you open a Bugzilla ticket with the information in this post. The team will probably then ask you a lot of clarifying questions (OS? gpu pci id? Mesa version? etc etc).

Also, it's often helpful to directly contact the owner of the Mesa package for your Linux distribution. Sometimes the package owner is very familiar with frequent bugs that are specific to that distribution. On RPM based distros, such as Fedora, you can find the packager by examining the package's changelog with this command: `rpm -q --changelog mesa-libGL`. On Debian based distros, such as Ubuntu, I think the apt-cache command gives you the needed info.

0 Kudos