Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

intel graphic update

sherri
New Contributor I

HELLO:

I am having an issue of updating the graphics driver on my computer.     I came to you website and followed everything but it never updated.    I have done this two or three times.    I also went to Windows updates and tried it there with no results.     The driver I have is the same as the one you have listed but it was saying  to update.     Haven't had any results.     I have an HP Computer   with Windows 10 Home Premium.     I have done updates on your website before with no issues.     Can you help me  I am lost!!!!      Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sherri
New Contributor I

Thank you Al for all your help!      You're assistance has been greatly appreciated.

Thanks again, Sherri

View solution in original post

29 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi sherri, Thank you very much for your response.

"Do you I download them both", those are two different methods to install the same driver, there is no need to use both, you can choose either one of them and it should work just the same. 

The first one, using the .exe file, basically you just download the file and then run it and the driver will get installed, it is the easiest one of the two.

To use the second option, which is .zip. you will need to follow the instructions on the link below (method 2):

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics.html

"Does it change my graphics driver" "Will this replace my graphics driver that I have?", if the driver version currently installed is different from 30.0.100.9955, then yes, it will change your driver. To check that, go to "Device Manager", look for "Display Adapters" select it then right-click on the Intel® graphics controller, choose "Properties" and then the driver tab to see the version currently installed.

"After I install them what do I do then", "Or, is this suppose to help me get the update" The Intel® Driver Support Assistant will always notify you to install the latest driver that is available for your platform, either if the driver is provided by the manufacturer of the computer or from Intel®. That does not necessarily mean that you need to install it, especially if there are no problems with the computer at all. 

What we are trying to do here, is to conclude if after you installed that driver the Intel® Driver Support Assistant will still ask you to do the update, because according to the logs you provided the driver currently installed is not as new as 30.0.100.9955. We are trying to determine if in fact there is a problem related to the Intel® Driver Support Assistant app or if after installing the driver will still notify you to do the update. 

Now, if you do not wish to install the driver you can always keep the notifications disabled from the Intel® Driver Support Assistant, and it will not prompt you to do the update anymore, keeping in mind that it will not ask you to do the update for drivers anymore in the future at all if you keep that options disabled.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
sherri
New Contributor I

Ok Al

I did the download  but it wouldn't install  it told me   SOMETHING WENT WRONG!

NO DRIVER WAS FOUND THAT CAN BE INSTALLED ON THE CURRENT DEVICE.  EXIT CODE: 8   THEN IT HAD AN ERROR REPORT.   IAM ATTACHING THE ERROR REPORT TO YOU.    THANKS SHERRI

0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

If you still want to use the Intel tool:

There is a new version of Intel Driver Support Assist (21.6.39.7) ... released yesterday.... I would suggest you update it and try again...

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18002/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

Megan ❤

0 Kudos
sherri
New Contributor I

Hello, AL;

Here I am again!    Ok,      I am still using the Graphics Driver  Version 10.18.10.1561.        I am writing back to you because You explain things better to me.     Megan another rep  told me to download the updated DSA and install it and run it and then I should get the new driver version  30.0.101.1069.          One thing do I need to delete the old version in order to update to new one?     Maybe that is where I am getting confused.

She sent me her message this past Thursday and told me the DSA was recently updated.      So  where do I go from here?      I do have the new DSA installed on my system.

Thanks for responding    Sherri

0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

Install the one that is named "igfx_win_101.1069.exe". That is the regular installer package. Just double click the file and you should see a "wizard" (a window that will guide you through the installation)... just follow the steps (clicking Next and so...) and once the installation finishes, reboot the computer...

This package should update the graphics driver to the latest version...

Once you reboot, refer to steps in Method 2 in this link to verify driver installation

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005589/graphics.html

(you should see driver in Device Manager as 30.0.101.1069)

Megan ❤

0 Kudos
sherri
New Contributor I

Hello Megan:

This is crazy:      I CANNOT DO the installation,  it will not install.      I did the download for the DSA tool and installed it.     Done everything I know how to do.      But the driver is still the same.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello sherri, Thank you very much for providing those updates.

We are sorry to hear the driver is not getting installed. In that case, the problem seems to be related to the driver installation process, not with the Intel® Driver Support Assistant.

N. Scott Pearson mentioned that "According to this report, you are already running the latest available driver package for your processor's graphics engine", so you can keep using that driver, especially if there are no graphics problems with the device. 

We always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform. I looked in HP's website for the driver provided by them but it said that there are no drivers available for your computer:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-touchsmart-520-1100-desktop-pc-series/5186980/model/5226426

So, in this case, the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with HP support to report this scenario and to verify with them which is the latest graphics driver version tested and validated by them for your system for you to install it. The Intel® graphics are generic and they might or might not work with your machine. But based on your reports, it seems the Intel® Driver Support Assistant application is working properly:

https://support.hp.com/us-en

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

sherri
New Contributor I

Thank you Al for all your help!      You're assistance has been greatly appreciated.

Thanks again, Sherri

Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello sherri, You are very welcome, we are glad to know our assistance was useful and helpful for you.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.