Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

laptop screen shifts up and all words go pink then back normal

curt
Beginner

I hope someone can help me. My laptop screen shifts up where the taskbar goes up and it goes pink and all words on screen also goes pink for 2 seconds then back to normal for few seconds and back and forth. I have intel HD graphics 4000 driver. i know its old but my laptop been working great and now this happens.

the version of driver is10.18.10.5161 and i did do driver update and there was a update for it. so its now from 8/6/2020. but the pink colors and taskbar also goes green at same time.

so i would like to know how to uninstall driver then after restart how will i be able to see the screen to sign in then how do i reinstall this driver to see if that fixes my screen? 

Oh when i use the hdmi to my tv the screen and what ever  web site i am on it is normal. and videos play normal on the tv screen.

thanks for any help

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
curt
Beginner

i have intel(R) core( TM) i5-3210M CPU @250Hz, and 8 GB DDR3,  intel HD graphics 4000 driver

and updated to windows 10 long time ago. I hope this enough info about my laptop 

it a lenovo IdeaPad, its 10 plus years old. please explain how to uninstall then restart and will i be able to sign in if theres no display driver? Then how do I install the same driver?  the diagnostic tool wont work on this Processor. I dont see my processor on the list to be able to install it i guess. thanks for any help. 

0 Kudos
whatupjames
Beginner

It can display hardware issues as well. As you said, the screen goes pink. This can't be a driver issue. Make sure Laptop's display is okay.

0 Kudos
curt
Beginner

does any one have any ideas?  i am not to technical so can anyone tell me how to uninstall driver then reinstall it thank 

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @curt

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We would like to inform you that due to the Intel® HD Graphics 4000 has been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request.

Note: You might need to search for the proper Product Category and click on its "Show more" link if the product is not visible in the top rows.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding. 

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos