Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

overscanning windows 10 hdmi sony bravia tv

mMons4
Beginner

sony bravia tv: klv-26L500A, sony vaio laptop e-series

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. Then, using the paperclip icon below the edit window, upload and attach the generated report file to a response post.

...S

0 Kudos
mMons4
Beginner

Thank you Scott. Please find attached requested file. I appreciate your concern.

0 Kudos
mMons4
Beginner

Another file attached

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You may want to check your TV video settings, looking for choices on resolutiion (like native vs natural).

Doc

0 Kudos
mMons4
Beginner

Thank you Al. I have been trying that for weeks. No can do. Sorry. Sony states that the problem lies with the computer, i.e. there should be an updated Intel driver to address this problem.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Your processor was released in 2010. It was discontinued long ago. In fact, it was discontinued so long ago that Intel has never supported its graphics engine with Windows 10; there simply are no drivers from Intel for Windows 10 for this graphics engine. Now, when you load Windows 10 onto an old system like this, a compatibility driver from Microsoft is used to support its graphics subsystem. As a compatibility driver, this driver provides only a basic set of capabilities. As you've found, no Graphics Control Panel applet is provided to support these types of changes being made. Worse, Microsoft has stated that it is no longer providing support for these drivers and thus no updates (no bug fixes, no capability improvements, no nothing) will be forthcoming.

Bottom line, you are simply out of luck. What you see is what you get.

Sorry, reality bites,

...S

0 Kudos
mMons4
Beginner

Thank you for your clarifying answer Scott. I believe you are right. However I bought this laptop in 2011, it's still running really strong, and have not had any other issues whatsoever, i.e.: battery runs like new. MS offered me a free upgrade to Windows 10, and I guess I'm used to it like an old pair of shoes. Windows 10 updates are still being received, and installed, so what can I say? I can live with the HDMI cut off screen, no biggy: it cost me nothing to inquire, though. Thank you again. M.

0 Kudos