Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

please help me!!

idata
Employee

hello there..im using acer aspire 4920..and i've installed windows7..the probelm is, my display setting cannot change to my ATI radeon graphic card..and there is also error saying that "the operating system is not support"..WHYYYY?? please help me..

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi edd,

teh reason you are getting the message is because you are prob using the RC version of win7, which probably ISN'T supported for your laptop, where do you get the message. When you say your display setting cannot change to ATI, do you mean it is just using the default windows adapter with something like 800x600 res?

HAve you checked on acers website to see if the have made win 7 dirvers for it yet?also check the ATI website for the samething. Although saying this, what i have found with win7 is that if you let it connect to the net and keep searching for drivers it will eventually find a compatible one. I had this with one of my laptops and about a week afetr i had installed the OS it found the last driver i was missing. The other thing you could try is to install the win vista drivers for it, they may work. Also did you do a clean install or an upgrade?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

hey..yeah its using the default..im trying to find the driver for windows 7 but sadly haven't found one. i have tried install the win vista driver but still cannot change my display setting. i did install a clean win 7 because when i tried to upgrade, a message came out saying that your version is not suit with the version your are trying to upgrate. Something like that. i don't remember, sorry.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hey, is everything else ok? as in no yellow bangs in device manager?I think you maybe out of luck and will just have to wait for ATI to do a driver for windows 7.

You do know that it really hasn't got anything to do with Intel? I mean if there was a chipset driver missing, well ok...but the graphics driver...which is ATI, in an acer system.....

sorry i couldn't be of more help, but as i said if you keep trying to reinstall it automatically form teh web at somepoint i would think it will find a compatible driver. Or just get on to ATI.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

only for the "mass storage controll" and everything else is ok. thank you so much for your help. is it true that if im using windows 7, then all the driver must be for windows 7?oh, and IF i have download the ATI driver for windows 7, then i follow this step (http://komku.blogspot.com/2009/06/windows-7-on-acer-laptop-how-to-make.html) does it work? im just curious..hehe..and one more thing. After i have install the windows 7, do i need to keep update the windows?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

ok so...

1. Yes if you are using win 7 you need win 7 drivers, same as if you are using xp you need the cp drivers not vista. Saying that tho sometime a crossover is possible, but not normally recomended.(like i did when i first got my hands on win 7..i used vista drivers and someworked other didn't.

2 If ATI have a win 7 driver for adapter then yes use that and install it manually if their ionstaler dosent work. if you have tried to install it before make sure you uninstall it first before trying to install again.

3 Whats on the link seems pretty good, and if it worked for him then it could work for you too. personally i haven't had to go to such lengths to get teh drivers working in Win7 though.But then again i haven't installed win 7 on an acer laptop yet.

4 YEs once you have installed win7, or any other OS for that matter it is a very good idea to keep it up to date.

Have fun

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

ok thanks a lot. i'll try to find the win 7 ATI driver first and then install it. if it works i'll inform you later..and if any problems occur then i will ask you again..thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

ok thanks a lot. i'll try to find the win 7 ATI driver first and then install it. if it works i'll inform you later..and if any problems occur then i will ask you again..thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

0 Kudos