Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

problem while increasing dedicated video memory

HAhme23
Beginner

I tried this method many time

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\GMM, create a REG_DWORD value named "DedicatedSegmentSize".

i also used QWORD instead of DWORD but my laptop can't increase dedicated memory.i also tried to increase memory in BIOS but in BIOS it shows maximum size is 128 mb Please give me other solution

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

First, stop messing with the registry.

Dedicated video is controlled by the bios/motherboard, not Intel.

Provide your processor model number, and your windows 10 version number (1909?), and your laptop or desktop model number.

Doc

0 Kudos
User1585753857296880

I am also having this issue. My computer is new and meets/exceeds most game specs except the dedicated VRAM that is being detected as 128MB. I have 32 gigs of RAM. I have tried the BIOS option but there is nothing to change there. I have also tried every registry change suggestion I could find to no avail. This is infuriating. Any help would be most appreciated.

processor model number: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700, and your windows 10 version number: (1903), and desktop model number: HP Envy TE01-0xxx

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Dedicated video memory is controlled by the motherboard bios, and is only worthwhile for OLD games.

With your processor graphics, up to 50% of your system memory will be dynamically allocated for graphics use. That means you could be using 16GB or so of your system memory for graphics.

Do not mess with the registry. It will do nothing for you.

also, read this: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020962/graphics-drivers.html

Doc

0 Kudos
User1585753857296880

That's all well and good but it doesn't help with games that detect a lower vram based on adapter properities. When this happens it cripples performance or prevents even playing erroneously.

0 Kudos