06-13-2022 06:05 PM
Super User Retired Employee
06-14-2022 12:28 PM
Try doing a clean install of the driver package. Here is the process:
- Download - but do not install just yet - the newest driver package from the Intel site. Here is link to its download page: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18424.
- Very important: Disconnect system from Internet. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable Wireless. Note: if using Wireless, it should be disabled in such a way that reboots can occur without it automatically re-enabling.
- In the Apps and Features applet, check to see if there is an Intel HD Graphics 4600, Intel HD Graphics or Intel Graphics entry. If not, skip to Step 6.
- Click on the Intel HD Graphics 4600, Intel HD Graphics or Intel Graphics entry and select Uninstall.
- Reboot the system, keeping Internet access disconnected.
- From Device Manager, check if there is an entry for an Intel Graphics adapter. If you see only the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, skip to Step 9.
- Right-click on the entry for the Intel Graphics adapter and select Uninstall Device. Checkmark Delete the driver software for this device and then click on the Uninstall button.
- Go back to step 5.
- Install the new driver package that you downloaded in Step 1.
- Reboot the system.
- Reconnect Internet access.
Hope this helps,