Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

refresh rate

timothy_jinkins
Beginner

Hello i am asking how to change my Intel Core i5-5200U CPU  2.20GHz refresh rate to its max which i recall is 75.  When I try to do it in "Custom resolution" it says the statement in attached photo. Please help.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

matthfu, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

I sent you a private message for you to be able to update your profile so we can further assist you with this topic, please verify your inbox.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
timothy_jinkins
Beginner

Hello I live in the USA i tried to email back but it didnt work

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You need to reply to him via the Messaging service within the Community. When perusing the message that @Alberto_Sykes  sent you from within your Community inbox, simply click on the Reply button there to open a window to enter your reply.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

n_scott_pearson, Thank you very much for clarifying that information.

matthfu, Thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system, could you please provide the Intel® Graphics report?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Also, just to confirm, how many monitors are you using? PLease provide the model of them.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
timothy_jinkins
Beginner

Hello I am using one monitor i attached the intel graphics report, i think i did it right, and the model of the monitor sorry for the late response i never got around to doing it but i am doing it now.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Whatever you did, you didn't attach the SSU report.

I think that this issue is moot regardless. The EDID for embedded (eDP) displays is manually provided by the vendor (within their BIOS) and I do not believe that the tool will let you specify anything beyond what this EDID details as possible. I do agree that the error message they are providing is a bit misleading in this case. A dump of the EDID specification is needed at this point.

In addition to the SSU Report, please provide us with an EDID report. There is a reasonably good freeware tool for this that you can get from NirSoft: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/dump_edid.html. From a Command Prompt, simply enter command "DumpEDID >EDID.txt" and then attach the EDID.txt file.

To properly attach files, drag the files to attach from File Explorer to the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach area that is below the edit window for the body of your response post.

...S

0 Kudos
timothy_jinkins
Beginner

ok i wasnt sure how to do the edid but here are the files

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

So, the EDID definitely says that the laptop's built-in display supports a 75Hz refresh rate. Intel Customer Support will need to investigate and determine why it will not accept any value above 60Hz.

...S

0 Kudos
timothy_jinkins
Beginner
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You should leave the thread in place, as it contains information that may be able to be used by others.

Doc

0 Kudos