Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

refreshing rate

Ron1965
Beginner

Hello. i have a lenovo V530S-07ICB and a 55inch Samsung tv as monitor. it is 4k. 3840x2160   When i look in refreshing rate i can only go to max 30. But my levanto has the possibility to go to 60. why is it not possible for me to go higher then 30?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ron1965
Beginner

thanks for yhe answer. Oke i understand i have to go to vga to hdmi. I"m pke with yhe results i have at this moment so i don't have to change it. i never play games on my computer so it does not effect me that much,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Per the Overview document for your laptop (here: https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/Lenovo/Lenovo_V530s_07ICB/Lenovo_V530s_07ICB_Spec.pdf), 30Hz is the maximum rate supported for a HDMI connection. This is specifically Lenovo's fault. They had the ability to deliver a better HDMI signal, but chose to take the cheap road and did not do so.

If you have an available DisplayPort interface, you can use a DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter to connect the TV and achieve 4K@60Hz. Understand, however, that you cannot use just any DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter; you need to use one that specifically states that it supports 60Hz with a DisplayPort 1.2 signal. Many adapters say that they support 60Hz, but actually require a DisplayPort 1.4 signal in order to do so - and you do not have DisplayPort 1.4 support in your processor.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Ron1965
Beginner

thanks for yhe answer. Oke i understand i have to go to vga to hdmi. I"m pke with yhe results i have at this moment so i don't have to change it. i never play games on my computer so it does not effect me that much,

0 Kudos