Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

screen resolution

ian_24
Beginner
Hello. I have an Asuspro laptop that is equipped with i5-8250u and GeForce MX110. The manufacturer said that it is capable of 1920x1080 resolution. Why does my laptop only shows 1366x768 as the highest resolution?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello ian_24, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  
  • Use the paperclip icon to attach the report to the thread. Please note that only one file can be attached at a time. 

2. Please provide the report for Intel® Graphics Drivers, follow this link

3. Where are you seeing the system only supports 1366x768? Is it using the Intel® Graphics Command center or Windows* Settings? Please provide a screenshot of this.  

4. Are you trying to use the built-in display of your laptop or an external monitor? If running an external monitor, please provide the brand and model of it and the cables used to connect it, include the cable version (HDMI 2.0, DP 1.2) and adapters/dongles in case of using one. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

0 Kudos
ian_24
Beginner

I see the option of 1366x768 in both intel graphics command center and windows settings. I am not using an external monitor but the built-in monitor of my laptop.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello ian_24, 

Thank you for your reply, please check our recommendations below: 

• I was reviewing the specifications of your ASUSPRO P2540UB and it seems that they have 2 different supported displays (1366x768 and 1920x1080). 
  • Normally, built-in displays do not allow increasing its maximum supported resolutions, therefore; I will highly recommend you checking with your system manufacturer (OEM) to make sure if your specific system supports up to 1920x1080 or only 1366x768, and ask for the correct settings in order to make this work. 
  • Also, you are using hybrid graphics, NVIDIA* and  Intel® graphics, so you should consult with your OEM for the correct drivers and settings for these graphics to work properly together. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello ian_24,  

I hope the previous information was useful to you. 

As we advised, the model of your computer supports 2 different resolutions based on the specifications, please check with Asus for the supported resolution of your PC, and the correct drivers and configuration to have your hybrid graphics system working properly.   

We will proceed to close this thread, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. 

Note: Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied. 

Regards,  

Sebastian M.   

0 Kudos