Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20839 Discussions

step-wise noise on MP4 Media Engine on Elkhart Lake

RySAP
New Contributor I

When I played MP4 video by Microsoft Media Foundation sample program on Celeron J6412, step-wise error like following picture appears in the bottom left corner. 

step-wise  noise.png

It only appears on Elkhart Lake and Media Foundation.

I attached microsoft's Media Foundation sample code.   You can see this MP4 decode noise by this code.

Only Elkhart Lake shows this noise.

Tested platform 

- Tiger Lake Celeron 6305E

- Elkhart Lake J6412

- Braswell  Pentium N3700

There is some frame missing on Braswell, but step-wise error is not seen. 

Tested Video

- 1920 x 1080 30p

- 1920 x 1080 60p

Frequency of occurrence changed by resolution, but same error appeared.

When I played them by Media Player, no noise appears, no error appeared.  

When I played programs written by Direct X, no error appeared.  

Could you give me any advice?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello RySAP

Thank you for reaching out to Intel® communities for assistance. We are committed to providing you with the necessary support to address your concerns.

In order to facilitate a thorough understanding of the issue you are encountering, we kindly request that you provide us with the following information:

1.      Driver Version Tested: Please specify the version of the driver that you have tested.

2.      App Version: Please indicate the version of the application you are using.

3.      Detailed Steps: Kindly furnish a step-by-step guide that outlines the process you follow in an attempt to reproduce the issue you are experiencing. This information will greatly assist us in diagnosing and resolving your problem effectively.

4.      SSU Report: To further assist us in assessing your system's configuration, we kindly ask that you download and run Intel® System Support Utility (SSU). Upon downloading the tool, please execute it, choose the "Scan Everything" option, proceed with the scan, and save the system information to a .txt file. Kindly provide us with this .txt file, as it contains vital data required for a comprehensive analysis of your system, helping us identify any potential errors or incompatibilities.

5.      Visual Documentation: If possible, we would appreciate it if you could provide us with a video that showcases the issue while the application is running. This visual aid can be extremely helpful in our efforts to pinpoint and address the problem accurately.

Rest assured that your cooperation in providing the requested information will enable us to expedite the resolution process.

Best regards,

Isaac Q.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RySAP
New Contributor I

Thank you for reply.

1. Driver Version Tested:  version 31.0.101.2125

2. App Version:  Build attached sample code.  " MediaSessionPlaybackExample(src) (1).zip "

3. Detailed Steps: 

Copy  MediaSessionPlaybackExample(exe).zip and VC_redist.x86.zip your PC

Prepare some MP4 file

Extract VC_redist.x86.zip and execute VC_redist.x86.exe

Extract MediaSessionPlaybackExample(exe).zip and execute MediaSessionPlaybackExample.exe

click " File" >> " Open File " >> select MP4 file

it plays MP4 file  

You can see noise like step-wise noise.png I attached

4. SSU Report:  

Please refer SSU.txt

5. Visual Documentation: 

I think you will reproduce this issue easily.  

If you have a question, don't hesitate ask me.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello RySAP

We sincerely appreciate your prompt response and the information you've provided. While we acknowledge your efforts, we kindly request a video in an MP4 or similar video format, as you had initially shared an executable program with us.

We would like to seek clarification on the purpose of the software you provided. Is it necessary for replicating the issue you've encountered?

Furthermore, we kindly request you to include a video where the step-wise noise on the MP4 Media Engine can be clearly observed.

Thank you for your cooperation and assistance.

Best regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
RySAP
New Contributor I

Please try neco04_720.mp4.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello RySAP

Thank you for your response, now, I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello RySAP

We sincerely appreciate your patience in this matter.

Following the analysis conducted by our graphics team, we are taking the next step by initiating a laboratory investigation to determine if we can replicate the reported issue. Once we have obtained the results from this testing, we will promptly provide you with an update.

With warm regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello RySAP

I trust this message finds you well.

I am writing to inform you that your concern remains under the careful review of our dedicated team. Rest assured, we are diligently working on your matter, and we will promptly communicate any further updates as they become available. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
RySAP
New Contributor I

Hello Isaac Q

Any update?

How long does it take?

0 Kudos