Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

support about windows

HOzde2
Beginner

I bought a computer. The video card of this device is Intel UHD Graphics 605. I want to install windows 8.1 on my computer but i could not find the driver of this card anywhere.

Is there anything else I can do besides installing windows 10?

I will be grateful to everyone who will guide me...

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Only WIndows 10 is supported on your processor. There are no drivers for Windows 8.x.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

To be clearer (sorry Al), Intel supports​ only Windows 10 on 7th gen and later processors.

...S

0 Kudos
HOzde2
Beginner

but i don't understand while all linux distributions recognized all drivers in my pc. why this?

who derives this indifference? is intel? or microsoft_

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

We are talking about Windows 8.1. As I, and Scott, said, only windows 10 is supported on 7th gen and later processors. Microsoft made the rule.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4012982/the-processor-is-not-supported-together-with-the-windows-version-that

This has been the case for four years now. 

If you want to run Linux, go ahead, if linux is supported on new computer. Also, note that your new computer manufacturer provides no drivers for anything less than Windows 10.

Now, my question: You *want* to use Windows 8.1? Why?

Doc

0 Kudos
HOzde2
Beginner

answer is simple.

on a machine running windows 8.1 and windows 10, if you install and try both operating systems, you will see the difference, Al...

and i know that, newer is not always better.

by the way,

unfortunately, all versions of linux seem to be designed for children. and unfortunately they are all garbage

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

A debate of Windows 8.x would be meaningless. Microsoft abandoned W8 like a hot potato, and thankfully so. And, with the death of W7 only weeks away, Windows 10 is the only game in town.

So, you have a choice - W10, or Linux. It is up to you.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Try OpenSUSE, it has only basic KDE and Knome.

....S

0 Kudos