Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

windows embedded standard 8 skylake support

Tfran7
Beginner

The current graphics drivers do not support windows (embedded standard) 8. Are there plans to include skylake support to windows 8?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello Anzeigenamen,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

Could you please provide us with the model of your system or what is the system you have that it is including embedded skylake? Or please provided us with the exact model of the processor.

You can get your system model msinfo32.

1. Please press Windows Key + R to open the Run Menu
  2. Type msinfo32 and click OK
  3. While viewing the System Summary node go to File then Save (Please do not use Export)
  4. Save your MSINFO32 report as msinfo32.nfo on your desktop for easy access and then you can post it here.

Best regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

According with the link you provided there is no driver available for Windows 8 but I cannot give you better details because I still don't know what processor or graphics version you have, usually when a version is made to support one platform it will stay just as it is and in this case most likely this driver will not be available for Windows 8.

0 Kudos
Tfran7
Beginner

We currently use a i6600T. The problem applies to all 6th generation cor i processors.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Yes, I can confirm that unfortunately the driver is not available for Windows 8, it is available on for Windows 7/8.1/10.

0 Kudos
MSupp3
Beginner

Try to use this Beta!

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25749/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

Enjoy!

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Yes, that's right! He can try to use the Beta driver even though it is for Windows 8.1

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos