Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1708 Discussions

1720x1440 resolution not available, HDMI output on optiplex 7010

BNRSup
Beginner

Hi,

Hopefully there is someone who can help us with this issue. We are using the "Dell optiplex 7010" with two graphics outputs (DP and HDMI) to a monitor (3440x1440) which can provide the two inputs. The desired resolutions of these 2 outputs are 1720x1440 but cannot be chosen when using the HDMI output. 

We already used CRU to force the resolution but did not solve the problem yet. Any ideas?

Systems specs are here to find: https://www.dell.com/nl-nl/shop/cty/pdp/spd/optiplex-7010-micro/s022o7010mff_v_n1_vp?tfcid=39138382&&gacd=9955562-5453-5761040-271276627-0&dgc=ST&&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqvGHzsK5hAMV-JSDBx2k3wJ1EAQYAyABEgLLc_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

We hope you can help us.

Kind Regards,

Ivo

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello BNRSup, 

Welcome to the communities. 

We need more information to help you with this. Please let us know the model of the Intel Arc that you are using as it is not present in the link you shared. Also, what is the model of the monitor that you are using and what is the refresh that you are selecting for the 1720x1440 when using HDMI output? 

Furthermore,  provide the Intel® System Support Utility Logs of your computer. This will help us check your system configuration in depth. Here's the link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
BNRSup
Beginner

Hi Raymer,

Thanks for your reply. We've also sent our findings with our reseller. Awaiting their reply first.. Chances are big that an extra dp-slot will be needed cause the hardware doesn't support the desired resolution.

Kind Regards,

Ivo

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello BNRSup, 

Welcome to the communities. 

We need more information to help you with this. Please let us know the model of the Intel Arc that you are using as it is not present in the link you shared. Also, what is the model of the monitor that you are using and what is the refresh that you are selecting for the 1720x1440 when using HDMI output? 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello BNRSup,, 

How are you doing? I am just following up for model of your Intel Arc along with your monitor model and refresh rate. Feel free to send it here in this post so we can further look into it for you. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

Hello, could I answer a new thread that I have opened, I have a problem in Capture

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello BNRSup, 

I hope everything is alright in your end. As we have not seen a reply from you in our previous post, we will no longer be monitoring this thread and proceed in closing the case. 

As for addelucas123, 

Feel free to answer threads as this is the best way to foster a growing community or post a new one for issues that you are experiencing, that way we can give you the full focus of our support

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos