Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1614 Discussions

ARC 770: Loosing temperature sensors cpu + mainboard in Windows

SGS
Beginner

Installing last official or newest Beta Drivers results in loosing any sensor data from cpu (Ryzen 5600X) and board (ASUS Rog Strix E Gaming Wifi II.

Happens in latest Win 10 and Win 11 with ASUS BIOS Version 4408 and also latest Beta.

Corsair iCUE does not see any sensors from mainboard and cpu, same behaviour in Armoury Crate from ASUS (cpu temp @ 0°, Load @ 0%, Speed @ 0 MGh).

Any idea?

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello SGS

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the system sensors after installing the latest driver on your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics.

This is a strange problem as there should not be a correlation between the motherboard's sensors and the graphics driver, so we would like to get more information from you, please let us know the following:

• Are you able to monitor the temperatures from Bios?
  • If you roll back to a previous driver version does the issue get resolved?
  • Besides the graphics driver update, was there any other update on the system before the issue started to happen?
  • Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
SGS
Beginner

Hoi Hugo

Thanks for your mail

First I have to say that the involved system is a test bench with a custom water cooling. Therefore it's not as critical as it seems. It's a complete new built system with the ARC 770 initially mounted. I was surprised that without the Intel driver installed at first boot but after installing the board drivers and Corsair iCUE I saw all the sensors but the sound driver was throwing an error and I had no hybernate mode in windows.  After installing your GPU driver the sound driver was ok and also the hybernate mode appeared but sensor are gone. I can understand that hybernation was deactivated cause Windows meant that the GPU is not able to suspend because it does not know it but the effect to the sound driver was strange. Looks like it does nasty things with the bus.

In BIOS I am able to see the temperatures and also I can see the CPU temperature and  CPU activity and load in your ARC Control Tool (also very strange). I tried latest official (31.0.101.4091) and Beta version (31.0.101.4125), same behaviour. If I should try  older drivers version you should get me a link because on your page I get no older versions. 

My next test will be in about 2 weeks, maybe with more details in protocoling. And I try it without the riser cable and playing a bit in the BIOS with PCI settings. It needs a lot of time because once the sonsors are gone I'm not able to get them back any more, also uninstalling your driver will not help. The only way is to reinstall windows.

0 Kudos
SGS
Beginner

Hi Hugo

again me... 

Had some minutes before vacation

Removed the riser cable and mounted the ARC 770 directly on the board: no sensors

Removed the ARC and replaced it with a RTX3060 directly on the board: all sensors are shown, also tried with an RX 6600. Sensors look good.

Reinstalled riser cable, tested with RTX + RADEON: all sensors are shown

Reinstalled ARC: sensors are gone.

For the RTX and RADEON I did not install any driver, it was running with the a native windows driver. I included the system log when the RX 6600 was installed. Strange is that it has more informationen than with the installed ARC (log from the first reply). Maybe you get more informatoin when you compare them (sound card and parameters with ip's).

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello SGS, 

Thank you for your response, all the information provided has been really helpful.

Please follow the steps below to continue with the troubleshooting:

Find the installation steps on https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055840/graphics.html

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
SGS
Beginner

Hi Andres

Updated motherboard bios to version 4601 beta. Also found a new ARC driver 4146 and I installed it. CPU and board sensors still not available.

I enclosed the graphics and system logs.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello SGS

I appreciate all the information that you have provided. Based on the information shared in this thread, I understand that you can monitor your temperatures from Intel® Arc™ Control Software and from Bios. So I would like to make sure, Is this issue only happening on third-party software like iCUE and Asuss armory Crate?

Please let's try an older driver as @Andres_Intel suggested, you can try version 30.0.101.3959 and install it with Display Driver Uninstaller(DDU). If the same issue continues, please update again to the latest version 30.0.101.4146 using the DDU steps.

If the issue persists, Could you please share screenshots or a short video of the issue?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello SGS

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
SGS
Beginner

Hi Hugo

Not yet.  I will setup a new Windows this weekend and then try with an older driver and upgrade it to 4146 with some screens. Yes, obviously there are problems with 3d party software. Above all with Corsair iCUE, I had never had any problem with it on different boards manufacturers, cpu's and gpu's. There seems to be a difference how CPU-Z and iCUE/Armoury Crate  gets the informations about tghe CPU sensors. Yoou know about my remark that CPU-Z gets the speed and Armoury Crate not.

Do you if there are further 3d party software to read CPU runtime informations? 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello SGS

Thank tou for the informaiton. Generally, we would recommend Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) to monitor processor information in our processor. In this case, since you have a third-party processor one software that you might want to try is HWMonitor but please note the software is not endorsed by Intel and is from a third party.

We will look forward to your response with the results of the recommended troubleshooting steps.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
SGS
Beginner

Hi Hugo

it's a bit frustrating... With all driver version I tested (4146 back to 3959) it's the same behaviour. I start with a really clean system (new installed), only newest chipset driver installed and deactiveted 2.5GB LAN, WiFi, Audio and BT in BIOS. Installed iCUE and it worked (see left graph in video 1. I start the installation and as soon the first flickering of the monitor appears iCUE crashes and stops all monitoring (video 2). Of course the video recording crashes too. After restart the system and checking iCUE you see in video 3 that cpu and board disappeared from the possible components to monitor. 

The PNG shows the following entries in the log just in the moment when iCUE crashes. Let me know if there should be a complete saved log anywhere on the disc.

By the way: CP-Z, HW-Monitor and also Ryzen Master Tool are not infected. They work without any problem. I found another thread about iCUE and A770. And it does not to be a problem related to AMD but also to Intel cpu's (Olivier83's Content - Corsair Community). I try to get more informations in iCUE forums and will open a thread there too.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello SGS

Thank you for sharing the information. The behavior exhibited in the videos is quite interesting. We will check this issue internally to come up with the next steps for this issue. I will post back once I have an update for you or in case that I need more information.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello SGS

We appreciate your patience. After reviewing this issue, the next best step will be that you contact Corsair/Asus in order to get first level of debugging from the app side since the issue seems to only be happening with iCUE/Armory Crate. If they are not able to resolve the issue and determine that is not a problem with the app they will directly open a ticket with us for further investigation.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
SGS
Beginner

Hi Hugo

Sorry for late reply... Yes, meanwhile I also think it's not an ARC problem but a problem from Asus (Armoury Crate) and Corsair (iCUE). Because these 2 were at the beginnung the only piece of software that i have tested and didn't work properly I assumed that it is an ARC problem. After trying other programs as described in previous mails I'm sure it's Asus and Corsair to blame. Typically both scans GPU for performance data and RGB features. I guess they cannot handle ARC GPU's yet and somehow stop scanning the rest of the hardware.

I opened a ticket at Corsairs forum but I do not expect an answer. Not all are so quick as you in ARC cases. Maybe I just wait for future releases.

Thank you very much for your time!

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello SGS

We really appreciate your understanding as well as all the feedback and information provided in this thread. We will now continue closing this thread, if you have further questions, please open a new topic as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
SGS
Beginner

Hi@all

Just to let you know: Corsair finally solved the problems in their new iCUE Version 5.3.102. Not only board and cpu sensors are now back but also new sensors of the graphics card (load, fan, temps). In the same time I updated arc driver to version 4514. This combination works good.

0 Kudos
LUci09
Beginner
this problem is also present with nzxt cam
0 Kudos