Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1673 Discussions

After update 101.4824 Intel Arc Control uses 9GB Memory/RAM

Noval
Novice

Screenshot 2023-09-14 032017.png

This happened immediately when the laptop was just turned on and made my laptop temperature increase instantly

86 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Noval

Thank you for posting on the  Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities.

It seems that you have a memory leak issue when using the Intel Arc Control software. Please try to uninstall your driver using Display Driver Uninstaller and then reinstall the driver 31.0.101.4824 as there might have been an error when installing the driver previously.

If the issue persists, please share with us a log file from the Intel® System Support Utility so we can take a look at your system information and check for possible issues.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

SaitamaOne
New Contributor I

I just got a BSOD with this memory leak; checked task manager and Intel Arc was already up to 3Gb and still climbing, so I immediately uninstalled the application and the problem was solved...

You have so many complaints on here, Reddit and Github for the same problem, along with video captures, so it's clearly a general problem that with the app that is slowly affecting people over time, which your developers to look into!

Nazrex
New Contributor I

What is it that you expect them to fix, if you don't provide them with the info they need?

IT WORKS FINE FOR ME.

I'm NOT experiencing this issue.

So lets find out why you are, and I'm not?

Whats your system specs?

Whats your SSU report info? 

Whats your IGCC Report info?

Whats different with what YOU have, and what I have... that cause YOU to experience the problem but for me to NOT experience it?

Why should they fix it, if only a few people here are claiming to be experiencing it, yet the vast majority out there who are using the GPU and Software... are NOT experiencing it/NOT reporting it, and those who are, are NOT providing the info they need to help them figure out whats wrong? 

0 Kudos
SaitamaOne
New Contributor I

It's weird hey? So many people with the same memory leak reported on here, Riddit, Github and videos on youtube... I am very jealous that you are not experiencing the same problem; Perhaps you can assist in showing us what we may being doing wrong, and what you have done right since it thankfully hasn't affected your PC, so that we can fix the issue instead of reporting it to, and bugging, Intel with the problem as they would definitely be too busy to help us?

MichelN86
New Contributor I

Intel should be ashamed with this so called “WHQL” driver, it’s by far stable. “WHQL” or “beta” it does not matter. The intel engineers don’t test it anyway and don’t care about the problems. If they did it would have been taken down already before the weekend started.

Nazrex
New Contributor I

It's stable, and works perfect for me.

So why is it not stable for you?

Whats the difference between your PC and mine, that causes it to not be stable for you, yet its perfectly stable and fine, for me?

0 Kudos
SaitamaOne
New Contributor I

It's weird hey? So many people with the same memory leak reported on here, Riddit, Github and videos on youtube... I am very jealous that you are not experiencing the same problem; Perhaps you can assist in showing us what we may being doing wrong, and what you have done right since it thankfully hasn't affected your PC, so that we can fix the issue instead of reporting it to, and bugging, Intel with the problem as they would definitly be too busy to help us?

LAOLIU818
Novice

Memory leak, I have uploaded the log file

0 Kudos
Noval
Novice

Thank you for answering my question, Hugo, I have now deleted Intel Arc Control because many problems have arisen and the camera function has not been able to be used for a long time since the Arc update in May.

Nazrex
New Contributor I

Arc Control works fine for me.

Not experiencing any high memory usage with it.

Camera feature has been flawless and works well... 

I did have one hiccup though while installing Driver 4824...

The installation process caused my PC to completely lock up during its "finalizing installation" segment... even my reset button wouldn't work, I had to pull the plug and power it off, then boot it back up. 

After that, Driver 4824 worked perfectly; though I reinstalled it just to be sure and the second time it went all the way through with no lockup.

Noval
Novice

I also really like this application for the game, camera and screen record features and so on. but don't know why now there are lots of bugs and causing several problems *My Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12500H

XImpalerX
Novice

This has also started happening to me after the last update. Event logs show this.

Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: ArcControlAssist.exe (26288) consumed 39518457856 bytes, AFK Journey.exe (14292) consumed 2389680128 bytes, and AdguardSvc.exe (4620) consumed 848302080 bytes.

XImpalerX
Novice

My previous post didn't seem to go through. I am also having this issue. Event logs show this.  I realize it's happening because my screens will both go out and come back, and then I get errors saying my browser extensions crashed, and my open browsers will be frozen. Once I taskkill the process, memory usage is normal.

Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: ArcControlAssist.exe (26020) consumed 48746389504 bytes, Adguard.exe (26352) consumed 1200193536 bytes, and AdguardSvc.exe (5156) consumed 924741632 bytes.

I have attached the complete details.

MichelN86
New Contributor I

Same issue here, i have noticed that this happens only when my cable is plugged on my notebook. When it is on battery mode this does not happen at all. Over 10GB of ram usage here.

What i also do notice on my laptop is that when i remove the arc control application my laptop's power button is white now when plugged behind the cable. It was always orange. When i asked on the msi forum what the colors do orange and white they said the color shows what gpu is in use.

nvidia - orange

intel arc - white

This means, as long as i have this laptop (6 months) the color was rarely white. Meaning your Arc control app uses alot more memory/power then it should. My nvidia card always took over, now in idle state the LED does not even go to orange since i have removed the arc control appliction (for good).

Maybe your engineers should do more proper testing then shooting buggy drivers at us, since driver 31.0.101.4578 the arc services are not even working. Since your last update 31.0.101.4824 the arc services worked but it comes with a big memory leak.

Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone, @Noval

We apologize for the inconvenience with this new update and we know it is important for you to have the Arc Control Software working as it should. I would like to get the log files from the Intel® System Support Utility to get more of your system information.

@Noval Is your issue also happening as described by @MichelN86 only when the charger is connected to the laptop?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Noval
Novice

No, Hugo, I have explained all my problems in the replies above

SaitamaOne
New Contributor I

Hugo, You Have All The Details You Need From The Comments In This Forum, Reddit and Github, you have screenshots, video captures, and few event logs shared. Please Forward this to your Developers To Fix the App!

0 Kudos
Nazrex
New Contributor I

Well no.

Hugo and Intel does NOT have all the info they need.

How do they know the problem is not related some common system component every one is using?

How do they know why YOU'RE experiencing the problem... but I'M NOT?

Whats the difference between your PC, and my PC?

What's the difference between the various software you're using, and what I'm using?

I see only maybe half a dozen people in this thread reporting this problem; and none of them have posted the necessary information Intel needs to help them... But, out of the half dozen here reporting it; where's everyone else, who is having this same problem?

Why should Intel rush a fix for half a dozen people who aren't cooperating and sharing their system specs, SSU reports, IGCC Reports, etc... when as far as Intel knows, the vast majority of customers using this GPU, Driver and Software, either are NOT having any issues... or are NOT here on Intel's Support site, reporting the problem and providing Intel with valuable information that could help them to fix it?

0 Kudos
SaitamaOne
New Contributor I

It's weird hey? So many people with the same memory leak reported on here, Riddit, Github and videos on youtube... I am very jealous that you are not experiencing the same problem; Perhaps you can assist in showing us what we may being doing wrong, and what you have done right since it thankfully hasn't affected your PC, so that we can fix the issue instead of reporting it to, and bugging, Intel with the problem as they would definitly be too busy to help us?

XImpalerX
Novice

You realize that only a small percentage of people having this issue would actually Google the issue, find the issue thread, register an account on the support forums, and then post about it, right? The average person is going to say "What is wrong with my computer" and then go to Geek Squad at Best Buy to pay to get it fixed.