Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1946 Discussions

Apex Legends (Steam - DX12 Beta) crashes on driver 4499 & 4502

Robin_H
Beginner

I'm running a A770 16 gig system. With driver version 4499 and 4502, the game crashes every time a match is about to begin. Crashes wouldn't occur if I try to enter firing range (either alone or in a squad). It happens only when a normal multiplayer game is about to start. I downgraded the driver to 4369 and the crashes are gone.

The game runs at 1440P, all settings at lowest, except for texture streaming, which is set to the highest possible (requires ~8GB of VRAM).

Before switching to Arc I used an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 and used the latest version of DDU (v18.0.6.4) to clean up the Nvidia drivers.

PSU: Seasonic FOCUS GX850

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Robin_H, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We are sorry to hear about this issue and we will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

We will do further research on this scenario to try to find a possible solution for this issue and also to check if there might be a problem with driver versions 4499 and 4502. As soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alex96
Beginner

i try the new driver of today gfx_win_101.4514 and is the same the only driver that work in all games is the 4369 so i dont know whats is going on 3 new drivers are bad

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Robin_H, I just received an update on this matter.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists after testing driver version 4514.

We just wanted to let you know that we tried to replicate the problem in our Intel® lab and could not reproduce it, although we continue to investigate.

Based on that, we just wanted to check if you tried to install the latest drivers using the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to check if the issue is still present?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091878/graphics.html

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Robin_H
Beginner

Hi Albert

Will do. I downgraded my graphics drivers by ticking the clean install option. I'll try using DDU to uninstall the drivers fully and then reinstall newer versions of the driver.

Also, given the Internet connection conditions in my location, I use Netease UU (link to this software - it's Chinese only tho) to accelerate connections from me to game server. For Apex Legends specifically, it supports two modes of network acceleration. One mode I'm not sure how it works, the other seems to be using a TAP tunnel to capture game network traffics. I'm not sure if this would affect running of DX12 commands in any meaningful ways but I'm mentioning this for your information ;). 

Thanks,

Robin

0 Kudos
Robin_H
Beginner

Update:

Cleaned gfx driver with DDU 18.0.6.4 in safe mode & reinstalled. Still experienced crash on driver 4499. 

It's an ordinary Trio game and the map is World's Edge.

Also tested out Duo and Deathmatch and crashes persist. I've attached another screenshot, my in-game settings, for your reference. But this doesn't seem to affect crashes. I tried entering a Duo match with everything to lowest and the crash still happened.

I'll test all game modes on driver 4502 & 4514 with the same settings in the image later.

0 Kudos
Robin_H
Beginner

Update:

For driver 4502, the game still crashed on match start. However, I was able to reconnect to a Team Deathmatch game but shortly the game crashed again (as seen in the image attached, I just barely moved out of spawn). Firing Range works as usual with no crash.

0 Kudos
Robin_H
Beginner

Update:

With driver 4514 I did manage to enter a duo match and played for a few minutes before getting eliminated, and I immediately tried matchmaking on trios. I was able to pick the legend to play this time - but still cannot enter matches due to game crash.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi Robin_H, Thank you very much for confirming that information.

We will continue working on this scenario and provide a response as soon as possible.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

We just wanted to let you know that we tried to reproduce the issue in our Intel® lab: 

• Make sure OS and Bios were up-to-date
  • Activated Resizable BAR
  • Installed and removed with DDU drivers (4499/4502/4514)
  • Activated telemetry on Intel Arc control and MSI Afterburner
  • Play the game for a while

And the issue was not reproduced, based on the testing in High settings 1080x1920, the game did not crash at launch or while playing. Using Steam - DX12 Beta.

So, while we are still working on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm if you already tried the troubleshooting steps shown in the following link:

https://earlygame.com/apex-legends/how-to-fix-engine-error-0x887a0006#:~:text=What%20Causes%20The%20Engine%20Error,game%20files%20have%20been%20corrupted.

Additionally, could you please indicate the country you are playing from? The reason for this is that some games are localized and perhaps this might explain the reason why not everyone sees the issue.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Robin_H
Beginner

Hi Albert,

I'm pretty sure my OS is up to date as Windows Update is never disabled. Mobo BIOS is the newest stable release, 7C94v1F (for my MSI MAG B550M Mortar WiFi). I am also very aware that Alchemist requires ReBAR to achieve optimal performance so I enabled it once the card is installed. Telemetry of RTSS (RiveTuner Statistics Servers) is always enabled as I have a small form factor build and would like to check out my CPU & GPU's temperature all the time, but I did not enable the telemetry that comes with Arc Control Panel. For now, I'll try to remove my gfx drivers with DDU and reinstall driver 4514, apply the fixes mentioned in your link and play the game in firing range for a while and then check if the game still crashes at match start.

As you can probably tell from my screenshots, I am playing from China but uses Traditional Chinese (sometimes English) as my game language. In another post a Slovak player seems to have the same problem (his game set to English), link here

0 Kudos
Robin_H
Beginner
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi Robin_H, Thank you very much for sharing those updates.

We are sorry to hear the problem remains. We will continue with our research on this matter and provide further updates as soon as possible.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

At this point, first, we just wanted to thank you for taking the time to report the issue to us. We also wanted to let you know that we have a fix in the works and should be included in an upcoming driver release, 2-3 driver updates approximately. We will update the thread once the fix is available for you to be able to install the driver.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Robin_H,

We want to let you know that a new driver update, version 31.0.101.4575, has been released recently. This update contains a fix that could assist you with the issue you are experiencing. We suggest updating your driver and testing the fix.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Robin_H,

We hope you are doing fine.

Have you tried installing our latest driver version 31.0.101.4575?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Robin_H, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Robin_H, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos