Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1679 ディスカッション

Arc a770 YouTube Hardware acceleration issues in Chrome.

Bremen
ビギナー
27,442件の閲覧回数

Good day.

I'm writing because I think I've found a problem.

I'm not an English speaker, so please forgive my lack of English.

I'm using Windows 11, i5 13500, 32GB memory, Arc A770 LE.

I noticed a problem with video playback in browsers of the same family as Chrome and Edge.

Especially on YouTube, when the progress bar disappears and when you hover over the video to bring up the progress bar, the video slows down as if there is a brief lag.
I thought it might be a problem with Windows 11, so I tried it with 10, but it's the same problem. Furthermore, installing the Intel arc driver causes the problem. When I use only the UHD 770 driver, there is no problem.

In other cases, such as videos provided by search engines like Naver.com, the most popular search engine in South Korea, the video screen only shows a shaky movement when you hover over the progress bar.

On YouTube, it's okay if you right-click to open a menu, or if something stays on the screen, like an overlay ad, or subtitles appearing above the video, or an overlay of the uploader's photo in the right corner.

The solution I found was this.

turn off Edge or Chrome's hardware acceleration, and to change to OpenGL in Chrome's Choose ANGLE graphics backend option.

But when I do, the CPU starts processing. I want Arc to process the video. That's what I bought it for in the first place: to process video.

I thought it was a failure of my graphics card, but the video files I have on my computer work perfectly fine. The game works perfectly as well. It's just that when I watch the videos in browsers like chrome and edge, I have problems.

I've done everything in the bios, motherboard settings, and updates.
Please check it out. I hope it will be fixed in the next driver update, or you can tell me what settings I need to make.

Thanks for reading.

p.s

In the video I've attached, you can see the delay in the movement of the 60 balls when I hover over the video to bring up the progress bar and when I bring up the overlay.

0 件の賞賛
24 返答(返信)
Jean_Intel
従業員
21,139件の閲覧回数

Hello Bremen,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We understand that you are experiencing issues with video playback.

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Did the unit use to work as expected before?
  • Is this the first graphics adapter installed on this system?
  • We would like to gather more information about your system that will help us troubleshoot your issue, so please, provide us with a report using the following programs:
    •  Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU):
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View." 
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View." 
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save." 

• Tried creating the Intel® Graphics Command Center report following these steps:
    • Open the Intel Graphics Command Center
    • Navigate to the Support tab
    • Select System Diagnostic
    • Click Generate Report
    • Select Save and name the output file.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

Bremen
ビギナー
21,127件の閲覧回数

Thank you for your response, Jean O. 

Did the unit use to work as expected before? - Everything is brand new as I built it from brand new parts that I first made for the 13th Gen Intel CPU assembly. I only connected a UHD 770 to it to see if it was an issue with the Arc a770 le, and it worked fine.

Is this the first graphics adapter installed on this system?
- Yes, it is.

I'm attaching the two documents you requested.

Attached is a picture of the black lines on the outside of the video when hardware acceleration is enabled.

One new thing I noticed. The monitor I use for work has 60hz frames enabled.

I thought it might be a problem with my work monitor, so I connected it to a gaming monitor with 144 frames, and the same video or YouTube doesn't have the problem (the black lines on the outside of the video are still there).

When I changed the settings of the gaming monitor to 60hz frames, the same thing happened.

magi
ビギナー
20,825件の閲覧回数

Please understand because I used a translator.
I'm having the same problem.
I am using the main monitor of 144hz and the auxiliary monitor of 60hz.
And when I use Chrome on a 60hz monitor, there is a phenomenon that the scroll response speed is slow.
Click the desktop, click Chrome again, and scroll to work normally.

Jean_Intel
従業員
21,060件の閲覧回数

Hello Bremen,

Perform a clean installation, installing the latest driver version available on our download center, driver 31.0.101.4146. It is important to mention that sometimes corrupted files from previous installations of drivers can linger on a system which can cause driver updates to not work as expected

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Bremen
ビギナー
21,048件の閲覧回数

I've tried so many times, even reinstalled Windows, but it's still the same. Is there anything else I can do?

Jean_Intel
従業員
20,954件の閲覧回数

Hello Bremen,

We appreciate your patience.

After researching this matter. We want to try to reproduce it here, but we need more details:

• Based on the video provided, we don't see sufficient frames dropped that would reflect the brief lag.
  • You mention that if you play the same Youtube video on a 144hz monitor, there is no issue, correct?
  • Also, can you share a similar video with the Integrated Gfx since he claims this one works fine?
  • Is the issue visible only on this Youtube video?

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Bremen
ビギナー
20,933件の閲覧回数

Thank you for your response.

If you look at 6-11 seconds of the video I uploaded, you can easily see that the ball's movement changes when my mouse hovers over the video and creates the progress bar. There are other moments in the video where this happens as well.

On my 144hz monitor, it's not quite as visible.

I don't think it's possible to provide the video with Integrated Gfx at this time, as it's already on a computer with Arc. At the time I reported the issue, I had just installed a fresh install of Windows, so I didn't have any documentation, files, or settings to work with, so I was able to try different things, but now I have a lot of settings and documentation.

However, I do remember clearly that when I had a setup that only used my UHD 770, I didn't have any issues.

Other videos happen too. Here are the conditions I've found
60fps video
No overlays on the video (ads, video uploader's logo, right-click, debug window, etc)
All videos with this condition have the same issue.

Thank you for your time in reading.

Jean_Intel
従業員
20,858件の閲覧回数

Hello Bremen,

Thanks for the information you provided.

We will resume our investigation internally and will post soon with more details.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Jean_Intel
従業員
20,784件の閲覧回数

Hello @magi.

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

Please submit a new question on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics community forums, and provide a detailed explanation of the situation to have a more personalized troubleshooting step for your issue. If you'd like, you can try my suggestions from this thread.

Best Regards,

Jean O.  

Jean_Intel
従業員
20,697件の閲覧回数

Hello Bremen,

Thanks for waiting for a response.

We tried to replicate this issue one more time, and once again, we were unable to replicate your problem. This time we would like to request another video; however, now you should open Task Manager to see if there are spikes in CPU and/or GPU usage. Please see the example attached.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Bremen
ビギナー
20,647件の閲覧回数

Thank you for your reply. Jean O.
In the problem I'm talking about, the graph doesn't exactly spike. When the graph suddenly spikes, it's usually due to the popping and stuttering of the sound, which has been heavily reported in the community. I know Intel is aware of the issue and is working to fix it. 

I've uploaded a new video.
Here's the difference between your experiment and mine.
I mentioned hovering and not holding the mouse point on the progress bar, and that the video works fine if you keep any overlays on.
Here is the new video, showing the end credits of the YouTube video.
It's much easier to see, and it has the task manager enabled.
Strangely enough, I'm not recording with the AV1 codec.
It tells me to disable the VPN (-17 error code), but I don't use any VPN, nor do I have any programmes, so it's recorded in 1080/60 with the AVC codec.

To continue with the description of my video, it's definitely the end credits scene in 60 frames.
As soon as you hover your mouse over the screen for the progress bar to appear, take a look at the speed at which the text rises and falls, and when it disappears, you'll see that something is wrong with the text or the screen.

And I'm going to come back to the first scene of the end credits, and I'm going to enable the overlay (which will bring the debug to the screen), and in this case I'm going to repeat the same behaviour as in the first example, but I don't see any screen issues.

And I've recorded one more iteration of 1.
And that's it.
Thanks for reading.

AnaWilliam850
新規コントリビューター I
20,617件の閲覧回数

Based on your description and the attached video, it seems that the issue you're experiencing with video playback in browsers is likely related to a problem with hardware acceleration on your graphics card. This could be due to a compatibility issue between your graphics card and the hardware acceleration feature in the browser, or it could be a driver issue.

As you mentioned, turning off hardware acceleration in the browser and switching to OpenGL can resolve the problem, but it also causes the CPU to work harder. This is because when hardware acceleration is turned off, the CPU is used instead of the graphics card to process the video.

One potential solution you could try is to update the drivers for your graphics card. You mentioned that the issue occurs when you install the Intel Arc driver, so it's possible that there is a problem with that driver. Try downloading the latest drivers from the Arc website or the Intel website, and see if that resolves the issue.

Jean_Intel
従業員
20,603件の閲覧回数

Hello Bremen,

We will resume our research regarding this matter. We will post back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Jean_Intel
従業員
20,564件の閲覧回数

Hello Bremen,

Thanks for waiting for a response.

After reviewing the video you provided we noticed that the browser mostly utilized the iGpu while decoding. So to isolate the issue, please, try the following:

• Manually choose "High-Performance A770" GPU for Chrome in the Windows settings (Settings -> System -> Display -> Graphics press Browse button and choose Chrome (usually it is in C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe) and restart & test.
  • If it doesn't fix try to disable iGPU in BIOS and test.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Bremen
ビギナー
20,549件の閲覧回数

Thank you for your reply.
I tested the two content modes you mentioned.
Neither of them worked for me.
I also tried disabling the iGPU in the bios and installing it with the latest drivers, but it's still the exact same situation I uploaded.
What's new is that after disabling the iGPU, the sound stuttering and slowdowns were reduced. Furthermore, the graph spikes in the task manager when stuttering occurs have also decreased (though they still occur).

As for the problem with the video, now I don't know what to do.
Maybe I should wait for a fix at the driver level.

Voork
新規コントリビューター I
20,513件の閲覧回数

I have to same problem but only in Microsoft Edge, not in Chrome. When I go to Youtube the homepage does not display content, I have to reset the hardware acceleration and restart the browser and then it works.

I already submitted feedback to Microsoft.

Voork
新規コントリビューター I
20,513件の閲覧回数

I have to same problem but only in Microsoft Edge, not in Chrome. When I go to Youtube the homepage does not display content, I have to reset the hardware acceleration and restart the browser and then it works.

I already submitted feedback to Microsoft.

Jean_Intel
従業員
20,504件の閲覧回数

Hello Bremen,

Thanks for the information provided.

We will continue researching this matter and will post as soon as we have more details.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Jean_Intel
従業員
20,501件の閲覧回数

Hello @Voork.

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

Please submit a new question on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics community forums, and provide a detailed explanation of the situation to have a more personalized troubleshooting step for your issue. If you'd like, you can try my suggestions from this thread.

Best Regards,

Jean O. 

Jean_Intel
従業員
20,401件の閲覧回数

Hello Bremen,

After investigating this issue and since we have been trying to replicate this issue on several occasions to no avail, we would like to add that due to low occurrence and visibility rate, this may not get picked up by our developer team as a high-priority issue. The best course of action for this matter is to report this to the browser devs for the initial debug phase from their side.

We will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best Regards,

Jean O.

返信