Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1702 Discussions

Baldur's Gate 3 halved frame rate after file reading operation

GoMe
Beginner

Graphics Driver:31.0.101.4900

Game:Baldur's Gate 3(steam)Vulkan

steps to reproduce the issue:After starting the game, the frame rate is normal. After save/load, the frame rate is only half of that before loading. The game needs to be flushed to return to normal. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello GoMe,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I understand Baldur's Gate 3 is running at low FPS after loading a saved file with your Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics, I will be more than glad to assist you. 

We appreciate for letting us know about it, we are aware of the situation and we are working really hard to find a solution as soon as possible.

To have a better understanding of the situation and gather more information that will help us with the current investigation, please answer the following questions:

• Is the graphics card an IBC or is it from another brand?
  • Does the issue happen with older graphics versions?
  • Clean install the graphics driver using the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). For guidance, How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver. Then install the driver version 31.0.101.4952 released yesterday to check if there is any improvement.
  • We also recommend having the system up to date, there is a new Windows 11 version 23H2 update it, and test the game. If you need guidance, you can contact Microsoft.

Keep me informed of the results.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
GoMe
Beginner

1.the brand is GUNNIR Arc A750 Photon 8G OC

2.This problem has occurred from the 4826 version of the graphics card I just purchased to the 4952 version driver updated today, and all use a new installation mode.

3.I will perform a system update today and the updated test information will be sent out later.

0 Kudos
GoMe
Beginner

I tested it after trying to update my system to the latest version. The good news is that it happens less frequently, but it still happened 3 times out of about 15 tests I ran. One thing that needs to be added is that the scene that appears is not necessarily the save/load operation in the game, and there is a probability that this BUG will appear when the game is started. Attached are three copies of CapFrameX capture data.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello GoMe,

Thank you for your response and all the information provided.

I will add all this to the investigation and as soon I have further information I will let you know

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello GoMe,

Thank you for your time.

We still working really hard on the investigation and now I have a couple of questions, please answer them as clearly as possible:

• I see you updated the graphics driver to the latest version 31.0.101.4952. Just to make sure, before you installed this driver, did you clean install the previous driver using DDU?
  • You also mentioned the performance is half when loading a file, are there any specific files? Or does not matter the files you load is this always a problem?

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
GoMe
Beginner

1.Yes, I ensure that my graphics driver is clean installed using DDU

2.the file is my game save,I will upload this archive

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello GoMe,

Thank you for your clarification and for sharing your game save files.

This will help us a lot for the investigation, I will continue with it, and as soon I have further details or need something for you I will let you know.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello GoMe,

Thank you for your patience and for your time.

I still working on the replication, it still in progress, we will have the results soon, as soon as I have them I will let you know

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello GoMe,

Thank you for your time and patience.

We have finished with the replication of the issue and it has not been reproduced in our system, it might be your location since in our test we did not see a big difference, you can check below 2 screenshots taken when using Vulkan API, with DX11 we had similar variations although different performance.

If it is happening with a specific file, and not multiple files it would be a good idea to check with the game developer to see if there is anything that could be affecting that specific game file.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello GoMe,

Were you able to check if it is happening to a specific file?   

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,   

Andres P.   

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello GoMe,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello GoMe,

Before closing this case, I want to let you know that yesterday we released a new graphics driver might help to this issue.

Perform a clean installation of the graphics driver with Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). For guidance, How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver as you have done previously.

Then install the latest graphics driver to version 31.0.101.4972. For installation steps, How to Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 & Windows 11.

Let me know if that makes any improvement.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello GoMe,

Were you able to install the latest graphics driver to version 31.0.101.4972?   

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,   

Andres P.   

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello GoMe,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P. 

0 Kudos