Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1673 Discussions

0db Fan Mode. Sparkle Titan A770 and Acer Bifrost A770

Vitalyval
Beginner

So, I returned my Acer BiFrost A770 due to excessive noise at times when I'm not working.
Then I got an offer on a Sparkle Titan A770 cheaper than Acer BiFrost A770 and what did I get today?

The same situation with Sparkle Titan A770, same thing, the card cools the CPU to 49 degrees and for a second the very 0db Mode appears because of which I changed the card because I thought that massive cooling will work quieter and without turbine..... But I met this problem again, the card comes from 0 to 30% fan speed (from 50 to 49 degrees) after a few seconds the temperature rises to 50 and everything repeats.

Judging from the internet, everything was ok before? Why did you remove the normal 0db or something close to it from the drivers and leave only the unbearable cycle when the fan speeds up and fades out? On Acer it's just annoying, and Sparkle has a distinctive sound that is clearly audible even if you turn on the other fans to drown it out.

The situation is horrible, no updates since August as I saw. What's wrong? Why don't you fix this horror? Literally a good card is unpleasant to use because it constantly turns the fans on and off.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Vitalyval
Beginner

I've installed different drivers from card manufacturers' sites, from Intel's site, tried DDU.

Everything works fine except.... Fan.

Now the drivers are 31.0.101.4887, before DDU they were the newest ones. They do not solve anything. I don't know what to do except to write to the manufacturer of Intel Arc Control and drivers, because it is impossible to adjust fans on Arc A770 in MSI Afterburner.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Vitalyval,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I see that you are having issues with the temperature and fan speed of your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics, I will be happy to help you.  

To understand this issue in a better way, please answer the following questions:

• Is it possible to hear the sound and see the graphics card behavior in a video? If possible, take a video of it, this will help us for a better understanding.
  • What software or app are you using to measure the temperature and fan speed?
  • When this issue happens, are you doing something specific? Like playing games, etc.
  • To know your hardware and software information, download and attach the report for the following tool Intel® System Support Utility for Windows (SSU), you can find the steps on the link How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Vitalyval,

Were you able to run the Intel® SSU report?   

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,   

Andres P.   

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Vitalyval,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Vitalyval,

Before closing this thread, I want to let you know this issue should be fixed starting with driver 31.0.101.4824. In this case you can install the driver version 31.0.101.4972 we released yesterday.

We also recommend using the fan curve in automatic if the fan behavior becomes unpleasant to you.

Let me know if the issue persists or if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Vitalyval, 

Were you able to install the graphics driver to version 31.0.101.4972?   

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,   

Andres P.   

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Vitalyval,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P. 

0 Kudos