Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1661 Discussions

CS GO freeze but sound and game continues, on intel arc a750

Samarth1
Novice

Hello, i assembled my pc few days back and there is an issue with the CS go game since day 1 though initial few games ran smooth and well. Thereafter it started freezing in every game at least once. The sound is there of everything (other players, guns, people talking and playing, etc) but the game freezes and i have to cut it and restart (not at all feasible in competitive rounds or even in casual). Kindly help with the problem(I tried it on high and medium settings but nothing works)
Drivers : Updated (few chipset drivers though while installing showing might not be download correctly)

processor: i5 12400 f
GPU: Intel arc a750
Mobo: b760m ds3h a3x
16 gb ram, 650 W Power supply

@intel @IGame 

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Samarth1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I understand that you are having freezing issues with your Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics while playing CSGO, I know that this is very frustrating I will be happy to help you.  

Please answer the questions below before we start with some troubleshooting steps:

• In case we need to reproduce the issue, provide screenshots of the game settings to do it as accurately as possible.
  • I see in the file that you attached tha you have installed the latest graphics driver version, just to check if the behavior changes, clean install the graphics driver to version 31.0.101.4672 with Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). For guidance, How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver.
  • I also noticed the BIOS is not up to date, we recommend having the system updated, update it to version F13. For installation steps, contact Gigabyte.

Let me know the results.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Samarth1
Novice

i tried this, updated bios as well, nothing working. it worked well for like 2.3 hrs but the same thing happened, the notification that pops up is "Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware" (it used to come earlier as well.)
Attached video settings of the game.

PS: the first game could also not load and froze. then thereafter went for 2 hrs.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Samarth1,

Thank you for your response, and for completing the steps, it has been very helpful.

I will start with an investigation and as soon I have further information I will let you know.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Samarth1,

Thank you for your time.

We have been working on the investigation, and now we want you to complete the steps below to check if the behavior changes:

• Reinstall the game if possible, since we have been testing this game, and it has been working just fine.
  • Are using using any other tool that might interfere with the game?

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Hayrullah
Beginner
Hello, i have same issue with A770 16GB. Game suddenly freeze in spectator mode.
0 Kudos
Samarth1
Novice
Not sure for how long did you guys try the game but i have tried reinstallling steam, game, windows, drivers, updating everything all drivers, bios, etc etc. NOTHING IS WORKING WITH THIS GPU.
Would you please tell why does it say the "app has been blocked from accessing graphic hardware"
0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Samarth1,

Thank you for your answer, and for all the information provided, that is very helpful.

To provide you with an accurate answer about the error message "app has been blocked from accessing graphic hardware", can you tell where you received it? For example, once you open the game. Can you take screenshots of a video of the error message?

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Samarth1
Novice
I am unable to upload any file here
The error message pops up in notification bar on right, when i close the game(when it freezes) i see the this error written on right side of my screen(where notifications are present in windows 11)
0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Samarth1,

Thank you for the explanation, it helps me to understand the error message you receive.

To provide you with the next steps, I will continue with the investigation, as soon I have the information I will let you know.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
jxn
Novice

Are you by chance playing the cs2 beta, because i have very similar problems showing up in the cs2 beta. It only seems to affect gameplay when launching into specific maps(?), other maps launch seemingly without issue. Although my findings have been somewhat inconsistent at times, which makes it harder to reproduce these glitches and to narrow down to what the issue could be.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Samarth1, 

Thank you for your wait time.

We still working on the investigation, and now we have some questions:

• Have you overclocked the graphics card?
  • Is the graphics card connected to the power supply using both x6 and x8 connectors?
  •  Send step-by-step instructions. This is in case we need to replicate the issue. Let me know if it happens only on certain maps/game modes
  • Does the issue occur in any other game?

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Samarth1
Novice
Did not overclock, yes Graphic card commected to x8 and x6 both, tried paladins for 1 hour it ran good, and cs go stucks every time first time after playing for 2hrs or so then in each game(like per 10 to 20 min once)
0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Samarth1,

Thank you for your reply, and clarification, that helps a lot.

Please provide me with the step-by-step instructions, this is to start with the reproduction of the issue, and do it as accurately as possible. 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Samarth1, 

Were you able to check the previous post? Remember to provide us with the step-by-step instructions

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,   

Andres P.   

0 Kudos
Samarth1
Novice

Sorry the "step by step instructions" got me confused to provide you with details about what exactly.
Also, thanks for everyone for trying to help but the game is running fine now. Its after the last update of arc 750, also there were few things that i did among them that i think and remember is enabling UAC virtualisation of steam and CS go, by opening in task manager.(this provided them admin rights)
PS: I THINK that UAC got disabled again automatically (not sure) hence it might be probably the new update that might have helped a lot.
Thanks.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Samarth1, 

Thank you for your response. 

I am happy to hear that the issue got fixed by updating the graphics driver to the latest version, for now, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos