Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1599 Discussions

Cannot stream/record/render using Intel Arc A770's QuickSync hardware encoder

jpesteban
Novice

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone else is having issues with QuickSync on their brand new A770. I just installed the GPU yesterday but I'm finding I am unable to use the QSV encoder for recording or streaming video in OBS Studio, nor is DaVinci Resolve or Adobe Premiere Pro able to render videos using QuickSync.

In all cases, the software recognizes the presence of QuickSync hardware, allowing it to be selected as an encoding option. However, when attempting to actually use the encoder, they all error out. I've attached their respective error popups as well as the diagnostic log from OBS.

I have done the usual troubleshooting steps such as restarting, reinstalling drivers, and even trying the beta Arc GPU drivers (101.3491). Nothing has resolved the issue.

The rest of my system specs are as follows:

• AMD Ryzen r9-5900X
  • ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3
  • GSkill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3200MHz (XMP enabled in UEFI)
  • Windows 11 22H2

Very interesting to note though is that I also own an ASRock A380, and QuickSync does work with that card. @Esteban_Intel, if you have any advice I'd appreciate it. I'm planning on using this card for productivity workloads, but if it isn't going to work for me I'll have to revert to using the A380 before looking for alternatives.

EDIT: It seems like the 3793 beta driver resolves this issue. Is there any ETA on when a new stable, non-beta driver is released that implements the fixes from 3793?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @jpesteban

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused you. I'm glad the driver help you solve this issue. In regards to the driver, yes the new release would be .3802 and you can find it at the following link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/726609/intel-arc-graphics-windows-dch-driver.html

Let me know how it goes.

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hello @jpesteban

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
jpesteban
Novice

Hi @Carlos_L_Intel, yes I'm now using the .3802 drivers and while it has resolved some of the issues, there's a major problem that keeps coming back.

Occasionally, after installing version .3802, my system seems to think I have no graphics drivers. This manifests in the following ways:

• DaVinci Resolve and Premiere Pro do not detect a QuickSync encoder
  • Gotham Knights (an Intel Arc-supported game that was given away with Arc 380 purchases) refuses to start, reporting the lack of DX12 supported hardware
  • OBS Studio reports an error when attempting to record or stream with QuickSync selected as the encoder

Sometimes the issue is resolved after a system restart. However, on more than one occasion, it persisted until I reinstalled the same .3802 driver again. The driver installer even reports the presence of the existing driver version as being the same version.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @jpesteban

Thank you for your post. I appreciate the diver update. In order for me to continue can you help me with the following? 

• Did you enable Resizable Bar? 
  • Did you have another discrete graphics card previous to the Intel® Arc™ A770? If so did you uninstall its drivers?

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
jpesteban
Novice

Yes, Resizable Bar is enabled and detected by Techpowerup's GPU-Z on my system.

No, I didn't use any graphics card besides the A770, in fact this is on a freshly reformatted OS.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @jpesteban

Thank you for the information. Have you tried a clean installation of the driver?

1. Click the .exe to initiate the driver installation.
  2. Agree to the Intel Software License Agreement.
  3. Click the checkbox to Execute a clean installation.
    1. A clean installation removes all old drivers and restores Intel settings to the default value
  4. Click Start to begin the install.
  5. Reboot the system if prompted.

You can find the driver here if you need it again:

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @jpesteban

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @jpesteban

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

Carlos L. 

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @jpesteban

We wanted to let you know that we have a new updated driver 31.0.101.3959 and also a new Beta driver 31.0.101.3975 you are welcome to try them here and see if the other issues are resolved.: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/229151/intel-arc-a770-graphics-16gb/downloads.html. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos