Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1826 Discussions

DOSBox crash on start w/ Arc a770

SHYBORG
Novice

Hello! Got a new Acer Predator Bifrost  Intel Arc A770 OC recently and have been having a good experience so far! ... Except for a pesky issue I've found when trying to play some of my retro games that require DOSBox to run. Upon launching DOSBox on its own or games with custom config files and after testing with any and all options modified in searching for the right combination to work...

I have updated to the latest Drivers, Installed and run DDU for all makes of video cards. As I've had NVidia and AMD before the Arc a770 (my prior card was an AMD Radeon RX 6700XT). I've re-installed DirectX using the Jun 2010 Redistributables. I've attempted the different Windows Application Compatibility settings. Tried different ArcControl Game/Compatability settings. I've scoured the interwebz and found no help. I'm at a loss. Can someone here assist, please?

Once DOSBox launches, the windows immediately close with no error, but I do get a couple of entries in the System's application log... Attached along with system info report gathered from the Intel Graphics Command Center. If you need anything else, please let me know.

Addtional System Specs:

Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i9-9900K
32GB RAM
MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk
Sound Blaster Audigy Rx

6 Replies
SHYBORG
Novice

Well, I did find DOSBox Staging. A newer fork of the DOSBox project: https://github.com/dosbox-staging/dosbox-staging. It DOES work with my A770 and my DOS games are working splendidly with it. The issues with the original DOSBox still stand and I'm willing to assist if you all at Intel would like to resolve the issues. But, in the meantime I guess I'll go with DOSBox Staging. Thanks!

Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello SHYBORG

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Commuities.

This crashing issue with the original version of DOSBox was reported to us and we are at the moment investigating the cause of the problem, please note there is no estimated time for the issue to be fixed since at the moment we are focused on modern games but know this is under our current open issues and has assigned the Bug ID 14020514788, you can use the Bug Id in case you want to check the status of the issue in future threads.

Thank you for also sharing the newer version/fork of the software that seems to be running fine in our Arc GPUs, other users will benefit from your post.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello SHYBORG

As informed in our previous post the crashing issues related to the original DOSBo software have been investigated by our team so feel free to check back later on with the BUG ID we shared. Since there are no further questions we will be closing this thread, however, feel free to open a new topic if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello SHYBORG

We want to let you know that the crashing issues with the original version of DOSBox have been resolved with our latest driver version 31.0.101.5186, please update to the latest version and share your feedback with us.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello SHYBORG

We wanted to follow up on this thread and check if you were able to update to the latest driver and check if the crashes you were experiencing in DOSBox are no longer happening. Please let us know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello SHYBORG,

Since we have not heard back from you, we will proceed to close this thread. If you have any other questions, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos