Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1736 Discussions

Dead by Daylight stutter in DX12 Mode

Hayrullah
Beginner

Dead by Daylight DX11 version cannot give a constant 120 fps and I tried the DX12 version ( launch settings -dx12 ) fps always drops to 30-40 when turning camera and it works much worse than DX11

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Arsoul93
Beginner

Bump

Please let us know if this still being worked on and when a fix might be expected, as mentioned anything above driver version 4255 breaks this game and makes the framerate unplayable and inconsistent. This game is consistently in the top 20 most played games on Steam and the issues have been mentioned on multiple threads and in the Arc discord group, this is worth fixing ASAP.

Currently because this is the main game I play I have to use the older driver, and therefore don't get any of the recent fixes in other driver versions. I did know what I was getting into getting an Arc card as an early adopter but this is making hard not to regret the decision.

0 Kudos
Bandana_Assault
Beginner

Force closing on Dead by Daylight with no error message. Music still plays. I am sure this has to do with the dx 11 stuff

0 Kudos
Hayrullah
Beginner

Hello, is there an update available?

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone, @Hayrullah

Thank you for your patience. We wanted to give an update and let you know that Dead by Daylight is targeted for performance improvement in 2024 along with other popular titles. At the moment there is no specific date for this update to be released but rest assured that further improvements are on their way.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Hayrullah

I see no further questions related to this topic. As mentioned in our previous post, lease looks forward to future driver updates in 2024 and beyond since the performance in not only Dead by Daylight but other games as well will be improved. We appreciate your patience and support.

We will proceed to close this thread, however, if you need further assistance feel free to open a new topic.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos