Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1830 Discussions

Final Fantasy XIV DawnTrail - Screen Darkening and No response when Starting with Steam

cnshawn
Beginner

My driver version is 5594, with A770 16G.

When I start FF14 (Final Fantasy XIV) with Steam and click Play botton, the display is black and unresponsive.

I have uninstalled the drivers completely and reinstalled for twice, but it didn‘t work. I reinstalled the games and failed to solve this problem as well.

I bought the CDkey of Steam version, so I can't login my FF14 account without Steam.  I hope you all look into this since it bothered me for days. BTW I can play FF14 on my SteamDeck(AMD driver) perfectly, so I think the driver(5594) is experiencing an issue. Thank you for your time and I hope you all have a good day.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello cnshawn,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We'll check on this query and we will post an update once it's available.

Best regards,

JeanetteC.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello cnshawn,

To get a better understanding of the issue and be able to provide an effective recommendation, please provide the missing key information below:

1) Are you only encountering an issue with this specific game or do you have any other games or high GPU applications that hang/crash with Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics (16GB)?

2) Have you checked how much temperature you are when launching this game?

3) Additionally, we highly appreciate you sharing your system configuration so we can fully check and provide you with an accurate fix. This could be possible by downloading Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* software. When the download is complete, launch SSU.exe.

1. Scan: Check the box Everything.
  2. Click Scan.
  3. Review: When finished scanning, click Next.
  4. Click Save (save as .txt)

I will wait for your reply.

Best regards,

JeanetteC.

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello cnshawn,

Good day!

Were you able to check the previous post? I am just waiting for the additional information I requested for proper issue isolation.

I will wait for your reply.

Best regards,

JeanetteC.

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello cnshawn,

I have been waiting for an update on this issue so I can check on how to proceed with the fix. However, I have not heard from you for the past few days, so I will proceed in closing this thread.

Should you need assistance in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Sincerely,

JeanetteC.

0 Kudos