Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1639 Discussions

Forza horizon 5 arc a770 problem

Dawiduser143
Beginner

FH5(gamepass) is always crashing to desktop on arc A770. Graphic driver:  31.0.101.4382 beta.

Menu, settings panel is working, but when i want start the race and i've loading screen game and crash to desktop.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Dawiduser143

Thank you for posting on the  Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communites. I am sorry you are experiencing crashes when playing Forza Horizon 5 on your system with Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics.

Please share with us the following information to better assist:

• Share a short video showing the issue.
  • Share a screenshot of the in-game graphics settings.
  • Is Resizable BAR enabled on your system?
  • Is the game working fine in the previous driver 31.0.101.4369?
  • Is there any error message when the game crashes?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
IndigoNeon
Novice

Hi Hugo,

I've been experiencing crashes with Forza Horizon 5 (Microsoft Store version) as well and I thought I might share what I've discovered in the hope that this issue can be tracked down.  I'm using an Intel Arc A770M card with the 31.0.101.4369 driver.  My system is a new NUC12 Enthusiast Kit running a fresh installation of Windows 10.  Resizable BAR is enabled and there are no error messages associated with the crashes.

I'm getting crashes when starting races and when backing out of the beginning menu to start driving.  I've found that the GPU does not like the Multi Sample Anti-Alias graphic setting in the game.  The default setting established by running an in-game benchmark for this is x2.  If I change this setting to OFF, the crashes don't happen, or at least haven't happened so far.  Obviously, this isn't the greatest solution because turning MSAA off makes the game look worse, but maybe somebody could test that and see if the crash is reproducible.

Oh, and the Event Viewer shows that, immediately before the crash, the 'Display driver igfxnd stopped responding and has successfully recovered.' This event is followed by the crash of ForzaHorizon5.exe.

Hopefully this information is helpful. I sure would like to have it resolved.  Let me know if I can help in any way.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello IndigoNeon

We appreciate the information and we are sorry you are experiencing the same issue. At the moment the owner of the thread seems unresponsive and in that case, the thread will not be monitored. Our advise is that you open a new topic so we can gather more information from your system and further troubleshoot.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
IndigoNeon
Novice

Hi Hugo,

I went ahead and did start my own thread about the issue, so hopefully we can solve the problem there.  Thanks for getting back to me!

0 Kudos
IndigoNeon
Novice

Hi Hugo,

I'm also getting crashes when starting races and when backing out of the beginning menu to start driving.  I've found that the GPU does not like the Multi Sample Anti-Alias graphic setting in the game.  The default setting established by running an in-game benchmark for this is x2.  If I change this setting to OFF, the crashes don't happen, or at least haven't happened so far.  Obviously, this isn't the greatest solution because turning MSAA off makes the game look worse, but maybe somebody could test that and see if the crash is reproducible.

Oh, and the Event Viewer shows that, immediately before the crash, the 'Display driver igfxnd stopped responding and has successfully recovered.' This event is followed by the crash of ForzaHorizon5.exe.

Hopefully this information is helpful. I sure would like to have it resolved.  Let me know if I can help in any way.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
IndigoNeon
Novice

Oh, I should also say that I'm using an Intel Arc A770M card and driver 31.0.101.4369. My system is a new NUC12 Enthusiast Kit running a fresh installation of Windows 10. Resizable BAR is enabled and there are no error messages associated with the crashes.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Dawiduser143

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best Regards,  

Hugo O.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Dawiduser143

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best Regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Dawiduser143

As mentioned in our previous post this thread will be closed since we need more information in order to help with this issue, however, we want to let you know that the issue will continue to be discussed on this other thread opened by @IndigoNeon in case you want to check later on updates on this problem.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos