Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1832 Discussions

Game stuttering on my intel arc a750

Tasnim-Hasan
Novice

I am having continuous stuttering issues during gameplay.  I have recently bought the Arc a750 and I am constantly getting performance issues. 

My PC specs:

• Gigabyte b450 S2H
  • 16 GB ddr4 3200mhz
  • Amd ryzen 5 5600g processor
  • 1 tb gen 4 SSD
  • Windows 10
  • Resolution 1080p

Games I played recently and faced problems:

Baldur's Gate 3 (Huge performance drops after playing more than 1 hour. Then running smoothly after restarting the game)

Forza Horizon 5 (Stuttering, huge fps drop after enabling FXAA)

Dying Light 2 (Stuttering at the start of the game and when I am moving too fast)

Ghostrunner 2 (Stuttering, weird shimmers but happens rarely)

Atomic Heart (Stuttering, flickering reflection problem (didn't turn on RTX), I was talking about base game reflections)

Cyberpunk 2077 (Played for 1 hour and so far, so good)

Final Fantasy 7 remake (No problem faced)

Alan Wake 2 (Extreme stuttering, weird white shimmering on characters and environments. This game is almost unplayable.)

Almost every game I have played has stuttering problem. Please give me a fix!!!!!

Before you ask:

• I have enabled re-sizeable bar.
  • I am using DX12 on the games that supports it.
  • I am using the latest version of intel arc driver.
  • I have disabled gamebar on my PC.
  • I did a clean install with DDU.
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Tasnim-Hasan,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I understand that you are having performance drop issues while playing Baldur's Gate 3 with your Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics. I will be more than glad to assist you.

I see you have similar issues with different games, to keep this thread organized and help you in the best way, please open a thread per game.

To have a better understanding of the situation, please answer the following questions:

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Tasnim-Hasan,

Were you able to run the Intel® (SSU) to check your system environment?   

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,   

Andres P.   

0 Kudos
Tasnim-Hasan
Novice

Unfortunately, I can't send you any details because I have uninstalled all of the games that were stuttering.

But I do have Atomic Heart & Forza Horizon 5 currently installed and you can check the problem I am facing with these 2 games.

Atomic heart (reflection problem) ----- https://youtu.be/KADMH1hlN2E

Forza Horizon 5 (FXAA problem, also stutters if driving really fast) ------ https://youtu.be/6_YiE2DKDE8

I have faced FXAA problem with ghostrunner 2 as well but in that game it caused the FPS to drop by 80-90% 

I have attached the SSU file below. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Tasnim-Hasan,

Thank you for all the information provided.

In this thread, I will help you with the Forza Horizon 5 issue, to keep it organized, for the other two games please open a thread per game as mentioned previously.

Please answer the question below and let me know the results:

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Tasnim-Hasan
Novice

As I have mentioned before,

Yes, I have installed driver 31.0.101.5084 with DDU. I am familiar with DDU, know how to use it and have been using it since the last 2 driver update.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Tasnim-Hasan,

Thank you for your response and for keeping me informed.

I will start with an investigation to provide you with the next steps as soon as I have further information, I will let you know. 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Tasnim-Hasan
Novice

Is there any game I can play without any problem? 

Spider-man remastered kept crashing saying that the GPU driver was out of date but I installed the latest driver a few days ago.  I fresh installed the new driver with DDU. The game ran without crashing but the FPS was constantly dropping (26-116), game freezes and texture poppins. (I am running the game on a Gen 4 ssd)

Besides that, re-installing the driver with DDU caused a new issue. My monitor refresh rate got locked to 60hz. I can't change it back to 75hz, there is only one option available. ( I know it's not a huge difference but I do want the option to choose what I paid for)

I wish I had bought an AMD card.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Tasnim-Hasan,

I am sorry to hear that you also have issues with Spider-Man and with the refresh rate, it will be a pleasure to help you, since these issues are different from the one of this thread, as recommended before, please open a thread per issue.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Tasnim-Hasan, 

Thank you for your time.

We have been working on the investigation, and now we will start working on the issue replication, as soon as I have the results I will let you know.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Tasnim-Hasan, 

Thank you for your patience.

We are still working on the investigation, and we hope to have the results soon, I will keep you informed about it.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Tasnim-Hasan
Novice

Can't play Alan Wake 2 as well. the game keeps crashing. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Tasnim-Hasan, 

Thank you for all your time and patience.

We have been working on the replication of your issue and we were able to reproduce it. I want to let you know that with our latest Beta driver (101.5315) and latest internal driver code the stuttering is no longer visible as per our tests. Refer to video: https://youtu.be/s87YoU4tDSk

What this means is that help is on its way, please wait until the newest public driver is released and contains said fixes (should be next 2-3 drivers).

Also, remember for the Alan Wake 2 issue to open another thread to keep all threads organized.

Once I have further details I will let you know,

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos