Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1794 Discussions

Hair texture glitches

Albion1
Beginner

Hello. I have been using the arc a750 for playing games. Back when I played CP77 I noticed the hair texture of the characters look buggy. Currently in Final Fantasy 7 remake the same issue continues. Main character's hair texture is a buggy mess. Rest of the game looks great and fps is stable 120. Tried reinstalling drivers with DDU but no solution.

Paired it up with an I5 13500+32 gb G.skill  DDR5 cl32 ram (x1)

cooler- 240mm AIO from thermalright

0 Kudos
3 Replies
H_Mlysgeek
New Contributor I
I think it's because of TAA. There seems to be no way to tweak the anti-aliasing solution in this game. The only solution would be to crank up the resolution. But of course that will kill your framerate. Well, try go to the DDU settings and set everything to default if you've tweeked anything, it helped fixed the hair a great deal for my A750.
0 Kudos
Albion1
Beginner

yeah. playing at 60 fps 4k rn

0 Kudos
H_Mlysgeek
New Contributor I

Do you use the dynamic resolution disabler? It can help a bit if it's not already done.

Else I have this "problem" a lot in modern games, the same happens for example in other Square games like "Final Fantasy XV" or "Kingdom Hearts 3". 

I guess, it's the same with hair dithering issue, which has been a problem with Final Fantasy games for many years. Have you tried to render at higher resolution or with more anti-alias to fix this kind of problem? Try looking in your video card's settings (arc control, since you're using arc A750). Or maybe simply turning up the resolution will be enough - if you set the resolution higher than your monitor's resolution, it should cause a super sampling AA effect, if it works at all.

Either way, getting rid of the dithering will require more horsepower from your PC, so I hope you have a powerful one. 

And, there is a mod that allows the use of the "engine.ini" file to make very advanced changes to the graphical settings (might fix the issue). It's very advanced. FFVIIHook 

Here are a couple of premade engine files you can use. I suggest trying the smaller/shorter one (139) first, then the larger/longer one (98) with some changes. I have a high-end PC, and the larger one works amazing for me, and the smaller one looks terrible, but has smoother FPS. Stutter-Free Seamless  Gameplay and GFX PLUS Mod DX12 performance improved Potato to Enhanced Epic UE4 Scalability Groups Rendering settings .

If glitches still the same as in the image I paste, the only thing that we can do is to disabling the directX12 and run the game using directX11. 

Untitled.png

To do that: Open EpicGames, click on your profile, go on settings. Scroll all the way down unti you see "FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTEGRADE", expand it and check the "Additional Command Line Arguments". You'll see a textbox that will appear. Then type this code: "-dx11", just all one word and all lower case. Press enter, and re-run the game.

Cheers,

0 Kudos