Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1738 Discussions

Halo Infinite Crashing in Main Menu Just After Title Screen

L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Hey Intel,

I've been enjoying my Arc A750 but watching Halo Infinite freeze and crash at the main menu has been aggravating. Before I was using an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB and had no issues. But now I'm having these issues with my Arc card. My SSU and screenshot of Arc Drivers currently being used are attached to this report.

+Game: Halo Infinite (Acquired through the Microsoft Xbox app)

+Where does the issue(s) begin and persist? At the main menu and occurs instantly.

+Drivers are the latest WHQL drivers. Beta drivers are not being used.

+Before Installing my Arc A750 and its drivers, I performed the following:

-Downloaded the latest WHQL drivers from Intel's website.

-Uninstalled my RTX 3060 drivers through Windows Uninstall.

-Rebooted Windows into Safe Mode

-Removed ALL AMD, Intel, and NVIDIA drivers using DDU (latest version) obtainted via guru3D. During the entire driver uninstall process, I did NVIDIA last to where I clicked "Clean and Shutdown" (Recommended for changing graphics cards).

-Disconnected my PC from the internet before booting up with the A750 installed.

-Cleaned my Registry using CCLeaner to remove any obsolete entries, then rebooted my PC.

-After booting up and logging on to my PC, I installed the drivers.

I have rebooted my PC three times. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Halo Infinite three times. Halo Infinite still crashes. I repeated the same GPU install/uninstall processes for switching back to my RTX 3060. Halo Infinite loaded with no issues. Repeated GPU processes for reinstalling my A750. Halo Infinite still crashes.

I hope help can come. I want to leave NVIDIA behind but it's hard to when I'm unable to play Halo.

Thank you for taking the time to read this ticket. 

1 Solution
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8

We hope you are having a nice day. 

We have not heard back from you. So, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards. 

Jose B.  

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

View solution in original post

45 Replies
Mors_Wraith
Beginner

Same issue, using A770. Crashes just after "Press Enter" appears. Really hope intel actually fixes this...

L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
Gills
Beginner
Same issue using A770
L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II
This makes three. Okay something really is going on.
0 Kudos
Irrelebrant
Beginner

Same issue, all after update the WHQL drivers...

0 Kudos
Raxater
Beginner

Same here!

Does intel not have an address to which we can send our complaints?

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone,

I am sorry to hear that you all are experiencing crashing issues when playing Halo Infinite.

I will be more than happy to check this internally, as soon as we have an update we will let you know by posting here.

Best regards,  

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
EfrainV
Beginner

Same here, Arc A750, uninstalled/installed the game(Halo infinite) three times. The latest WHQL drivers were not updating, so I had to uninstall and install Intel Arc Control to get the latest drivers. I even tried Intel Driver and Support Assistant (it wasn't detecting my system).  This system has a Ryzen 5 5600, and the A750.  

I have a second system with an Intel i5 11th gen and a 3060Ti, no issues. So, my conclusion is that it has to do with the GPU.  Very unlikely it's the CPU. 

I really want to enjoy gaming with an Intel GPU. Hoping Intel will fix the issue. 

0 Kudos
Sauce
Beginner
Another A770 victim here, lol. I get stuck at the menu, and then my fans go full throttle until it crashes. I was worried it was just me.
0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone

We would like to keep investigating this, so could you please confirm if the game was working before with a previous driver version?

For issue replication purposes, we require the steps and if possible a video showing the issue.

Best regards,  

Jose B.

0 Kudos
L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II
Hello Jose,

I did just two hours ago try again using a previous WHQL certified driver. It did work fine until I tried loading up the Academy option. Right after the loading screen (before a cutscene), the game crashed. I reloaded the game and selected Academy again. The game did not crash and I was able to proceed.
0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8

I am glad to hear that you were able to play the game. Did it continue that way?

Also, I was wondering which specific driver version you installed.

Best regards,  

Jose B.

0 Kudos
L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Jose,

I appreciate your continued replies. To answer your questions:

Q: "I am glad to hear that you were able to play the game. Did it continue that way?"

A: Halo Infinite would occasionally crash but it was almost few and far between.

Q: "Also, I was wondering which specific driver version you installed."

A: I used driver version 4369, which is the previous WHQL driver before 4502 (Latest).

Hope this helps.

Cordially,

Eric DiDomenico

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8

Thank you for that information.

We are going to check that internally now that we know the version. As soon as we have an update, we will post it here.

If you have a question, don’t hesitate to post it.

Best regards,  

Jose B.

0 Kudos
L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Thank you Jose,

Also, I did a "process of elimination" by trying the latest beta drivers. Still getting the same result. Don't know how that helps.

0 Kudos
Gryphics64
Beginner

I am also experiencing crashing in the main menu of Halo Infinite running an ARC A750 (Driver 4502) on Windows 11.

0 Kudos
L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

That's the exact driver and exact GPU I'm using, except I'm using Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Gamer271
Beginner

My Halo Infinite has been crashing too with A770. I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and even reinstalled windows and Halo Infinite. To make things worse though, I tried several other games of mine like 7 Days to Die, and they also crashes in the menu or just after starting to play. I hope Intel makes a fix soon.

0 Kudos
johnjang
Beginner

I tried using an earlier WHQL certified driver just two hours ago. Up until I tried to load the Academy option, it was functioning properly. The game crashed immediately following the loading screen, just before a cutscene. I choose Academy once more after reloading the game. There was no game crash, and I could continue.

0 Kudos
L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

I mentioned that to Jose as well.

0 Kudos