Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1891 Discussions

How to switch or disable and enable intel graphics on intel nuc 15 laptop

Benjileopold
Beginner
I'm using linux on intel nuc 15 laptop which has integrated intel xe graphics and dedicated arc a730m, how to switch between them in linux like for example nvidia optimus or smth like that?
0 Kudos
10 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Benjileopold,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

We will do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once it is available.

Have a fantastic day, and thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Benjileopold,

Thank you so much for being patient with our response.

Could you please provide the specific model of your Intel NUC 15? This information will help us determine the operating systems compatible with your device. It appears that the model we have featuring the A730M is the Intel® NUC X15 Laptop Kit (LAPAC71H). Additionally, have you had the opportunity to use Windows on this device, and if so, were you able to switch between the graphics cards seamlessly?

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Benjileopold
Beginner

Yes it is the exact same laptop, yes on windows it switches graphics stably but regardless of that arc a730m consumes power while not in use, also there is a big problem with my laptop that it doesn't properly go to sleep, while sreen is off and fans are off processor still keeps heating up and it can even damage itself if not prevented by me. It seems that everything is in sleep mode including thermal sensors but processor is still running, very annoying and device can melt itself if not looked after

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Benjileopold,

Thank you so much for confirming the model of your laptop. I'll let our engineers know about the information that you have shared so they can further isolate our concern.

In the meantime, with regards to the issue that the system or processor keeps running even when the laptop is in sleep mode, which seems to cause overheating, please try to reset your BIOS settings to default, as you might have changed certain settings on the laptop without knowing it.

How to set your BIOS settings into Default:

1. Press F2 during the start to enter BIOS setup.
  2. Press F9 to set the BIOS default values.
    1. Customize any BIOS settings, if desired (optional).
  3. Press F10 to save and exit BIOS Setup.

Again, we will do further research on our case and post the response on this thread once it is available.

Best regards,

CarmonaA.

0 Kudos
Benjileopold
Beginner
Hi, no it's not a bios settings error, it is just a big bug or smth, bios settings should not make everything go to sleep except processor making it melt itself, i tried different settings related to sleep mode and power mode but issue still persists, plz resolve this bug
0 Kudos
Benjileopold
Beginner
Also i have a request, i know intel locked undervolting on 12th gen processors but i really need to undervolt my processor, plz provide me with some tools so i can undervolt my cpu cuz I don't care about plundervolt or other vulnerabilities, undervolting works on hx series processors but on 12700h it doesn't work, plz give me a tool that disables the lock on undervolting, i paid my money to have this laptop thinking intel made good cooling system but even using phase transition thermal pads didn't solve the problem so i need undervolting plz
0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Benjileopold,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

Again, to address the sleep issue, it appears that the NUC may not be entering sleep mode as expected. To verify and potentially resolve this, please do the following steps:

1. Open the control panel by clicking on the Windows Start button and typing control panel.
  2. Click on System and Security.
  3. Click on Power Options.
  4. Click on Choose What Closing the Lid Does from the left-hand menu.
  5. Select what option makes sense in the menu for what you hope to achieve.

Additionally, it's important to ensure that both the BIOS and graphics drivers are updated to facilitate effective troubleshooting.

Regarding the undervolting, our XTU application is available, though it is compatible only with certain unlocked processors, specifically those in the K/KF/KS/X series.

For further guidance, please refer to this article: "What Is Undervolt Protection and How Does It Affect Overclocking in Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU)?"

Furthermore, please generate an SSU report to help us further analyze important details on your system, such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, errors logged in the system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Benjileopold,

We are checking in with you to see if you already have the SSU so we can further isolate our issue or if you have any other queries, please know that we will be happy to help if there are any.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Benjileopold,

We are checking in with you, as we have not heard any response from you. 

Thank you, and have a great day! 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Benjileopold,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,
Carmona A.

0 Kudos