Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1830 Discussions

INTEL Device manager

ALAK
New Contributor I

HI i want ask about Intel(R) Graphics System Controller Firmware Interface and Intel(R) NF I2C Host Controller what they do and can i disable them what is them work 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ACarmona_Intel

Hello ALAK,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

In regards to your query, we wanted to inform you that the Intel (R) Graphics System Controller Firmware Interface is a component that manages communication and firmware operations for Intel graphics systems. It plays a role in updating graphics card firmware and handling certain security tasks, including media protection for selected devices. This interface is crucial for the proper functioning of your graphics system, especially if you're using Intel's discrete graphics cards.

The Intel (R) NF I2C Host Controller is part of the Intel Serial IO, which controls the I2C (Inter-Integrated Circuit) interface. The I2C interface is a serial communication protocol that allows the CPU to communicate with connected devices like sensors, touch panels, and other components that require low-speed data transfer.

Disabling these components is generally not recommended, as they are essential for the normal operation of your system. The Graphics System Controller Firmware Interface is necessary for the graphics system to function correctly, and disabling it could lead to system instability or prevent the graphics hardware from operating properly. Similarly, disabling the NF I2C host controller might cause connected devices that rely on this communication protocol to stop functioning.

We hope that we have answered your query, and if you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello ALAK,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

May we know the objectives that you have for asking these questions? so we can provide you with an accurate response.

We look forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ALAK
New Contributor I

I just need  know what do becausetoo know if i need to disable it

ACarmona_Intel

Hello ALAK, 

Thank you so much for the quick response.

Similar to your other case with me, I will escalate the case with our engineers so we can provide you with an accurate response. And get back to you as soon as I have their update.

Thank you so much for your patience.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ALAK
New Contributor I
ACarmona_Intel

Hello ALAK,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

In regards to your query, we wanted to inform you that the Intel (R) Graphics System Controller Firmware Interface is a component that manages communication and firmware operations for Intel graphics systems. It plays a role in updating graphics card firmware and handling certain security tasks, including media protection for selected devices. This interface is crucial for the proper functioning of your graphics system, especially if you're using Intel's discrete graphics cards.

The Intel (R) NF I2C Host Controller is part of the Intel Serial IO, which controls the I2C (Inter-Integrated Circuit) interface. The I2C interface is a serial communication protocol that allows the CPU to communicate with connected devices like sensors, touch panels, and other components that require low-speed data transfer.

Disabling these components is generally not recommended, as they are essential for the normal operation of your system. The Graphics System Controller Firmware Interface is necessary for the graphics system to function correctly, and disabling it could lead to system instability or prevent the graphics hardware from operating properly. Similarly, disabling the NF I2C host controller might cause connected devices that rely on this communication protocol to stop functioning.

We hope that we have answered your query, and if you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello ALAK,

It seems that you have already marked our response as a solution. However, I still wanted to confirm with you if you still need our assistance or if you wish that we close the case for you.

Thank you so much for your understanding.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ALAK
New Contributor I

Thank you for your cooperation, my question has been answered 100%.

ACarmona_Intel

Hello ALAK,

Thank you so much for the confirmation. We will now be closing the case today, and we thank you for your appreciation.

For additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

By the way, as for your other query regarding the codes, we are still investigating it.

Thank you for your patience, and bye now.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos