Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1914 Discussions

Improving Driver Installation Through Arc Control

L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Hey Intel,

I'm glad the Arc control panel has been improving over time. But just recently, when it was announced Starfield drivers were available, I was given the notification by Arc Control saying the drivers were ready to download and install. This time, I did it through Arc Control. I must admit, I was not impressed with how driver installation was handled.

After the installation showed the "Extracting..." window and me beginning the installation, everything completely closed out with no "Installation in progress" window. I did notice my CPU activity was going. After five minutes, my monitor refreshed itself. I gave the installation about thirty more minutes, but I never got any notification the drivers were successfully installed or if there was an error. The CPU activity light was still going on my PC. I decided to uninstall Arc Control and the drivers using Display Driver Uninstall. After my system was completely free and clear, I downloaded and installed the latest drivers.

What I'm trying to say is the driver update/installation through Arc Control could be greatly improved please.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message.

1 Solution
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communites.

We really appreciate your feedback and agree there is room for improvements in different aspects of the Intel® Arc™ Control Software but rest assured we are working on making it as good as possible. As your feedback helps us improve it as well.

I will be glad to pass this feedback to the corresponding team, however, I also want to make sure that we capture your ideas in the best way possible. From what I see in your post and trying to summarize the issue your feedback will be there is no notification or screen in which you can track the progress of the installation or to know whether or not the installation was successful or failed. Let us know if this is a good summarization of the feedback and feel free to let us know if the is anything to add for this specific topic s we can pass it on to our team.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communites.

We really appreciate your feedback and agree there is room for improvements in different aspects of the Intel® Arc™ Control Software but rest assured we are working on making it as good as possible. As your feedback helps us improve it as well.

I will be glad to pass this feedback to the corresponding team, however, I also want to make sure that we capture your ideas in the best way possible. From what I see in your post and trying to summarize the issue your feedback will be there is no notification or screen in which you can track the progress of the installation or to know whether or not the installation was successful or failed. Let us know if this is a good summarization of the feedback and feel free to let us know if the is anything to add for this specific topic s we can pass it on to our team.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Hey Hugo,

Yes, your summarization of my problem was simply put but accurate. I apologize if it seemed like I wasn't clear to begin with. But you nailed it perfectly. So far, the only thing I can think of is to integrate Intel Graphics Command Center, Intel Driver & Support Assistant, and Intel Arc Control Center into one program and name it Intel Control Center/Panel. That's all I can think of at this point in time.

Thank you for taking the time to respond and communicate. Feel free to lock this thread.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8

Thank you for your confirmation and yes, we can go ahead and add the feedback related to all the software to be bundled into a single tool to your feedback request. I will pass this to our team and before closing this thread I will make just one more post to let you know everything was submitted.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8

We just wanted to let you that your feedback has now been properly documented and passed to the corresponding team to be taken into consideration. We will now be closing the thread. Once again we thank you for your feedback, feel free to open a new topic if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Hello Hugo,

Thank you for your response. Can't wait to see what comes in the future.

0 Kudos