Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1810 Discussions

Integrated graphics with an Arc GPU - Two cables, one monitor?

Simoncole
Beginner

So it is clear that certain games like Battleststions Midway that I remember to be DirectX 9 are stuttering badly with the Acer Bifrost Arc A770 16GB on the latest driver: 31.01.101.5330.

Luckily I have a 13th gen Intel 13500 CPU with integrated graphics. I was wondering whether it is possible to run a second display cable to my monitor and switch between integrated graphics and the Arc A770 by simply clicking the display source button on my monitor? 

AMD and NVIDIA have options to toggle between display drivers and sources, but there is no option in Intel Arc Control. 

I would also note that ReBar cannot be toggled on or off on the Intel Arc Control centre and for some unknown reason my Gigabyte Aorus Master B660 seems unable to disable this function in it's bios. Perhaps finding a way to disable Resisable Bar would improve gameplay.

Either way, I am hopeful for a fix in the future. I am just wondering if anybody has any opinions on my dual iGPU and A770 - two driver - two cables - one monitor - proposal?     

Lastly, I should add that I have observed light stuttering on YouTube videos at 1440p and occasional atrifacting. I am not too worried about this because finding a way to use iGPU would bypass these issues.  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Simoncole,

Thank you for posting in the communities.

Windows 11 already has a built-in mechanism for you to configure on an app-by-app basis on which GPU it should run off. Please check this article at this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000090168/graphics.html  for detailed steps and let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
그래요ITech
New Contributor I
Make sure that the Discrete Graphic Card is enable and Connect the video cable to the Discrete Graphics Card's port.

Cheers,
0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Simoncole, 

I am just checking in if you have any follow up questions. Feel free to reply in this post. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Simoncole, 

I hope you are doing well. Since we have not received a reply from you, we will close this case at this time. However, if you need any further help, please feel free to post a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos