Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1658 Discussões

Intel Arc A580 does not boot with MSI B450

Terminus
Principiante
2.800 Visualizações
My card doesn't boot in the primary pice 3.0 x16 slot, but boots only with the secondary PCIE x4 slot. I have enabled rebar but it still doesn't boot in the primary PCIE slot.
Specifications
Ryzen 5 2600
MSI B450 Tomahawk
Intel Arc A580
Etiquetas (1)
0 Kudos
13 Respostas
Hugo_Intel
Funcionário
2.737 Visualizações

Hello Terminus

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I know it can be worrisome when you can not boot your system, I will be glad to help you with this issue.

Our first advice is that you reset your BIOS settings to defaults, once reset check if the system boots, if not, make sure that Resizable Bar is enabled, CSM is disabled and Above 4G Decoding is enabled.

If the issue persists, if possible for you, try testing your GPU on another system, or perhaps another GPU in your system since there is a possibility the PCIe slot on your motherboard might be defective.

In addition, if the issue continues to happen, please share with us a log file from the Intel® System Support Utility so we can check your full system specs and more details.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

Terminus
Principiante
2.702 Visualizações
Yes. I have tried all the above and it still does not boot in the primary PCIE slot. Also the PCIE slot is perfectly fine as I have tested other gpu on that slot and they have worked.
Hugo_Intel
Funcionário
2.677 Visualizações

Hello Terminus

We are missing the Intel® System Support Utility report we requested in our previous post.

I see you mentioned you have tested other GPUs on the PCIe slot that is causing the issue, please let us know the model of the GPUs you tested. We would also like to make sure the PSU can handle the GPU so, please share with us the make, model, and wattage of your PSU.

In addition, please let us know the exact model and manufacturer of your A580 GPU.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Terminus
Principiante
2.629 Visualizações

Hello Hugo,

I have provided the Intel® System Support Utility by using GPU at the secondary PCIE x4 slot.

And I have previously tested in the Primary PCIE x16 slot with RX 6800xt, and the PSU I,m using is the Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W.

And my Intel Arc A580 is the Gunnir index model.

Andres_Intel
Funcionário
2.563 Visualizações

Hello Terminus,

Thank you for your response and for all the information provided.

I see in the Intel® SSU that there are some pending updates, please follow the steps below and let me know the results:

The clean installation may help to remove files that may be causing a bad functioning to the graphics card.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

Hugo_Intel
Funcionário
2.484 Visualizações

Hello Terminus

I wanted to check if you were able to perform the troubleshooting steps to update your OS and install the latest available driver that we recommended in our previous post. Let us know if you are still experiencing issues when connecting your GPU to the first PCIe slot on your motherboard.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Terminus
Principiante
2.465 Visualizações
Hello Hugo,

I have updated Windows version 23H2 and did a clean driver install using DDU but sadly the issue still remains. My PC does not boot in the first PCIe slot.

FYI, I have also tested the GPU in an intel B250 motherboard and G4560 processor and it worked.
Hugo_Intel
Funcionário
2.453 Visualizações

Hello Terminus

Taking into consideration that the GPU is working fine on another motherboard, the issue seems to be specific to the MSI B450 Tomahawk perhaps compatibility, please let's check that the PCIe slot is configured to Gen3 or auto let's test both settings you should find those settings within the motherboard BIOS and PCIe settings.

Also, please update to driver 31.0.101.5074 which we recently released, and check if the same still happens.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Hugo_Intel
Funcionário
2.361 Visualizações

Hello Terminus

I am following up on this, Were you able to change and test the PCIe settings on your motherboard? Also, I wanted to let you know there is a newer driver version 31.0.101.5081 so you might want to update to the latest version instead of the one we recommended in our previous post. Let us know if the issue persists

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Terminus
Principiante
2.304 Visualizações

Hello Hugo

Yes I have tried changing the PCIe setting to both auto and gen3. Sadly it still did not boot.

Can you make sure whether the compatibility issue of the GPU is with the Processor Ryzen 5 2600 or with the Motherboard
MSI B450 Tomahawk?

Hugo_Intel
Funcionário
2.292 Visualizações

Hello Terminus

As outlined in the following article: "Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics – Desktop Quick Start Guide

", the chipset and the processor do not meet the requirements of our Intel® Arc™ A-Series, so we cannot ensure full compatibility and functionality on those platforms, Is it possible for you to test in a supported hardware configuration?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Hugo_Intel
Funcionário
2.200 Visualizações

Hello Terminus

Please let us know if you have been able to test your GPU in a supported hardware configuration and if the issue still happens.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Hugo_Intel
Funcionário
2.156 Visualizações

Hello Terminus

We have not received a response from you so far, so we will no longer monitor this thread. As recommended it would be better to test this is a supported hardware configuration ut also it will be good to contact your motherboard manufacturer to check for compatibility issues taking into consideration other motherboard works with the GPU the MSI mother board might be defective or incompatible.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Responder