Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1724 Discussions

Is there a motherboard, RAM, CPU, monitor combo that DOES work without issues with ARC GPUs?

Richieroo
New Contributor I

It seems that Intel Support staff can't recreate our issues with the new ARC GPUs.

So I'm assuming there must be something about the hardware pairing for all these users having freezing and PC crashing issues. I understand you can't test all combos, particularly hardware that is a few years old.

What Hardware combo does the Intel Support staff test the Intel ARC a770 and a750 GPUs when troubleshooting our issues?

If there is a guaranteed list of hardware that pair and work with arc a770 LE, maybe I'll entertain looking at replacing my MB, CPU, RAM etc?

Otherwise I'm going to ditch this card and get an AMD. 

I had none of these issue with my previous GPU plugged into the same hardware. 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
lorvar
New Contributor I

Did you list your current set up somewhere?

0 Kudos
Richieroo
New Contributor I

Motherboard: Z590I AORUS ULTRA

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900F CPU @ 2.80GHz

GPU: Intel Arc A770 16G Limited Edition 

Driver Version: 31.0.101.4578

RAM: 32637 Mb

PSU: 850W

Monitor:  Acer Predator X34 using  DP connector

0 Kudos
Saveno
New Contributor I

Bro i have the freezes and seen people with the same CPU and Mainboard as me and they said they have no crashes but from my experience the Arc seem to crash the CPU when under heavy load. 

0 Kudos
lorvar
New Contributor I

That doesn't tell me what you have. Trying to help, but can't. It's obviously a conflict of software.

0 Kudos
Saveno
New Contributor I

I'm not OP, just told OP that it doesnt seem to be a "Hardware Combo" issue. 

0 Kudos
Richieroo
New Contributor I

It just baffles me that the Intel Support people say that they can’t recreate the issues we’re reporting. Trying to think outside the box. Maybe they are using some magic hardware combo that works that differs from mine

0 Kudos
Richieroo
New Contributor I

Hi Intel team. What is your suggested hardware to pair with the arc a770 LE that works without crashes or freezing?

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Richieroo

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics. We know it can be frustrating to be experiencing crashes and freezing issues when trying to use your system.

For these types of crashing/freezing issues, it is better not to generalize since there are too many variables to consider including motherboard, processor, RAM, software/game, and Operating System among others, and the number of different hardware combinations will always allow for certain issues to occur as well we cannot guarantee full compatibility with every piece of hardware available in the market, however, we are always open to get the feedback and test every issue in a case per case basis.

Based on the above, there is no specific motherboard/processor combo we can recommend as @Saveno pointed out in his post a similar configuration can work for a customer but have issues for another, this is why in case you are experiencing a specific issue with a game/software you can open a new topic so we can troubleshoot it accordingly.

The official requirements for our Intel® Arc™ GPUs can be found in the following article:

Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics – Desktop Quick Start Guide

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone

In our last post, we shared the recommended system specifications for our Intel® Arc™ GPUs, hope that you had the chance to check them. Please let us know if you still have any concerns we can help with.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone, @Richieroo

We hope the information shared in our previous post helped in knowing the recommended hardware for our Intel® Arc™ GPUs. As stated issues might arise due to the different hardware/software combinations even when using the recommended requirements, however, we are always open to test and trying to fix issues on a case-by-case basis so feel free to report the issue to us if you are experiencing any problem with a game or app.

We will no longer monitor this thread since there are no further concerns or questions but feel free to open a new topic if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
AjrAlves
New Contributor II

I had problems with Zen 2, 10th gen and AMD 400 series motherboards. Anything newer than that will work fine. I'm using my A750 since January with a overclocked Ryzen 5600 on a B550 motherboard with 32GB 3600MHz RAM. ZERO problems so far.

AjrAlves_0-1692320156071.png