Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1891 Discussions

Low Performance on latest Warzone (3)

bani1o7
New Contributor I

The ARC A770 achieves very low FPS in some locations in Warzone on the lowest settings (at 1440P) without Upscaler and with XeSS (UQ, Q, B) on compared to the competition.

The FPS I measured in some places vary from high 60FPS to high 90FPS to low 100FPS depending on the location on the map.
-> Fluctuating FPS from 60-100FPS depending on the location!

I know that AMD GPUs in particular have a clear home advantage in this game due to console optimization, but it would be nice if Intel could also take care of performance in the big F2P games.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
bani1o7
New Contributor I

So, after trying several things, I finally came across two things to change in the Intel ARC - App on Windows. I have no idea why this has really improved my performance.
First of all, I set the scaling type to Fixed width under Global settings in Post-processing. I also set Adaptive tessellation to 90% under 3D control.
Then I activated Intel Xess - Ultra Quality again in-game.
With all these settings, I have an almost constant 90-100FPS and no huge fluctuations. There are some areas where the FPS even go up to 120.
But with these settings, the game is playable for me, even if it is a bit blurry.
Here are two more screenshots of the settings so that everyone knows which settings are meant in the Intel ARC app.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
bani1o7
New Contributor I

Forgot to Mention my System.

My Specs are:

• GPU: Intel ARC A770 8GB (AsRock)
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600
  • RAM: 32GB RAM (3200Mhz)
  • Resolution: 2560x1440

In-Game-Settings:

• Textures: Normal
  • Texture Filter Anisotropic: High
  • Rest on Lowest
0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello bani1o7,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I will be more than happy to assist you. Since you are having low-performance issues while playing Call of Duty: Warzone with your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics. To better understand the situation, please answer the following questions:

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
bani1o7
New Contributor I

Here are four videos of Warzone attached with different settings. The location on the map doesn't change that much in the videos, but it should show the very fluctuating performance in this game. XeSS barely provides a performance boost, which is actually sobering compared to DLSS. Unfortunately, there are FPS drops all over the map, making playing on ARC graphics cards not enjoyable.

I understand you may not like to hear it, but in comparison, the RX 6700 10GB (Non-XT) and the RX 6650XT achieve much higher FPS on native settings (sometimes 30 to 50FPS more), with less fluctuation. I also acknowledge that different areas of the game may affect the load differently, but this kind of performance significantly impacts gaming.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello bani1o7,

We appreciate the information you have provided. This time, we would like to recommend you run the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to eliminate all the driver files and leftovers from the previous drives to freshly install the new driver version. Corrupted files from previous drivers may prevent the new drivers from working as expected.

We also noticed that your Operating System is not up to date, as the latest version is 22631, and you have version 22621. It would be ideal if you could update your Operating System and driver, as recommended on your other threads, to check if the issues remain with the latest fixes.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
bani1o7
New Contributor I

Thank you for your reply!

I have updated windows and installed the driver, which was already on the latest version, as always according to the instructions.

The problem here is that with the ARC A770 performance in this game leaves a lot to be desired. I have already compared other graphics cards, but they do not have such large fluctuations and comparatively low FPS. I am pretty sure that this is not due to system settings or driver versions, but rather to the support of the GPU itself.
It is also possible that you are testing the game with a relatively strong CPU, which may prevent such fluctuations and low FPS (compared to the direct competition 3060/ti).

0 Kudos
bani1o7
New Contributor I

So, after trying several things, I finally came across two things to change in the Intel ARC - App on Windows. I have no idea why this has really improved my performance.
First of all, I set the scaling type to Fixed width under Global settings in Post-processing. I also set Adaptive tessellation to 90% under 3D control.
Then I activated Intel Xess - Ultra Quality again in-game.
With all these settings, I have an almost constant 90-100FPS and no huge fluctuations. There are some areas where the FPS even go up to 120.
But with these settings, the game is playable for me, even if it is a bit blurry.
Here are two more screenshots of the settings so that everyone knows which settings are meant in the Intel ARC app.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello bani1o7,

We see that after tweaking the Arc Control and Game settings, you have found an option that suits your needs with the game, even if it impacts the graphical output. Thank you for sharing all the details so other community members can try this if they are experiencing the same issue. Before we close this thread, we want to confirm if there is anything else we can help you regarding this matter.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello bani1o7,

Since the issue has been fixed, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P. 

0 Kudos