Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1752 Discussions

NUC X15arc -a730M updata new driver Resizable BAR fail

kaoyu
Beginner

HI 

My pc nuc x15 arc(a730m),  I have the  a problem . (old driver  31.0.101.4575  ok,  but updata new driver  Resizable BAR fail (BIOS on Resizable bar) ) 

0 Kudos
27 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello kaoyu,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. Seems you have issues with the Resizable Bar of your Intel® NUC x15, I will be glad to assist you.  

To better understand the issue and for clarification, please answer the following questions:

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
kaoyu
Beginner

HI 

My question :   Resizable Bar is not working after the graphics driver. 

0 Kudos
kaoyu
Beginner

HI 

My pc nuc x15 arc(a730m),  I have the  a problem . (old driver  31.0.101.4575  ok,  but updata new driver  Resizable BAR fail (BIOS on Resizable bar)  

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello kaoyu,

Thank you for all the information provided.

I see in the Intel® SSU, that there are no pending updates, just for clarification, please respond to the questions below:

• How do you know the Resizable is not working? Are you able to enable it in the BIOS? Does it show as disabled when using an app to verify that?
  • Before installing the driver version 31.0.101.5081, did you use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)? Otherwise, follow the article How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver. Then reinstall the driver 31.0.101.5081.
  • Just for you to know the driver that we recommend installing to this Intel® NUC is driver version 31.0.101.4575. Is there a reason why you are using driver 31.0.101.5081?

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
kaoyu
Beginner

HI Andres

• How do you know the Resizable is not working? Are you able to enable it in the BIOS? Does it show as disabled when using an app to verify that?

A:  use Intel Arc Control-> System info -> Resizable fail

My BIOS Resizable turn on 

• Just for you to know the driver that we recommend installing to this Intel® NUC is driver version 31.0.101.4575. Is there a reason why you are using driver 31.0.101.5081?A: You know ,  arc Graphics is new, old driver have bug.   old driver: Driver Pack for the Intel® NUC X15 Laptop Kit - LAPAC71H & LAPAC71G    This driver Resizable OK
0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello kaoyu,

Thank you for your clarification. 

Please download GPU-Z (Third-party tool), take a screenshot of the results, and check if it shows the Resizable Bar as Enabled.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
kaoyu
Beginner

Hi  Andres 

Use driver 31.0.101.5081 : GPU-Z , Resizable Bar not open

a730m-fail.jpeg

xe fail.jpeg

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello kaoyu,

Thank you for the information provided.

I see that the GPU-Z reports the Resizable Bar as disabled, when this happens normally is when it is not enabled in the BIOS. Just to make sure it was enabled properly in the BIOS can you take screenshots of it.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
kaoyu
Beginner

I think bios set no problem, because old arc a730m driver  use this setting ok.

BIOS  SETTING: 

BIOS_ResizeBar_Open.png

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello kaoyu,

Thank you for providing the screenshot of the BIOS.

I will start with an investigation and as soon I have further information I will let you know.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
kaoyu
Beginner

Hi  Andres P. 

Could you give me a definite time ?   I use BIOS : BIOS Update [ACADL357] for the Intel® NUC X15 Laptop Kits - LAPAC71G, LAPAC71H

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello kaoyu,

Thank you for your time.

We were able to replicate this issue. Our recommendation is to keep the driver that is in the "Driver Pack for the Intel® NUC X15 Laptop Kit - LAPAC71H & LAPAC71G" The driver 31.0.101.4575 was tested and validated so we can ensure that the Resizable bar will work. The generic driver 31.0.101.5081 hasn't been validated so the behavior is expected.

Since there are no issues with the graphic card, you should stay with version 31.0.101.4575. We understand there may be other king of issue with this driver version, in that case we recommend you to report them with us, for that please open a new thread to keep this one organized and help you in the best way.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
kaoyu
Beginner

Hi Andres 

So you mean to give up NUC X15 ARC  (A730M) ?    

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello kaoyu,

We understand that the 31.0.101.4575 driver may have other kinds of issues, in this case, if you do not have those issues with driver 31.0.101.5081 you can install that version, but I recommend you report the problems that you have with that version to us to solve it as soon as possible. We will be more than happy to do it. 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
kaoyu
Beginner

Hi 

I said there was something wrong with this version :   31.0.101.5081  Resizable BAR fail (BIOS on Resizable bar) 。

But you didn't answer it

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello kaoyu,

I just want to remind you that we recommend to keep install the graphics driver version 31.0.101.4575, since this is the version that has been validated.

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,   

Andres P.   

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello kaoyu

You should be using the driver that is bundled with the driver pack for your Intel® NUC X15 Laptop Kit system which is drier version 31.0.101.4575 this driver is customized to recognize all the features and optimization for the laptop, if you update to the latest driver 31.0.101.5081/5084 which are generic version, issues like the one you describe can happen if there are no problems related to the Resizable Bar status on driver 4575, please stay on that driver which is the one we advise to install, keep check the driver pack website for an updated version of the drive.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
kaoyu
Beginner

You means , Intel give up NUC  X15 and arc A730M ? 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello kaoyu,

The reason you have to stay in the driver version 31.0.101.4575 is because that version has been validated by Intel to be used with the Intel® NUC X15 Laptop Kit - LAPAC71H, if you have other kinds of issues with that version, please open another thread to report the issue and we will be more than glad to help you.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
kaoyu
Beginner

31.0.101.5081  Resizable fail 

0 Kudos