Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1712 Discussions

Needing help for Source Filmmaker compatibility

sfm_teamfortress2

After starting up the steam app 'Source Filmmaker' (SFM) on my PC with 'Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics' i recieved an error saying “Your graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements to run the SFM. You need a graphics card that supports at least DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 3.0.” This card supports DirectX 12, which in turn supports Shader Model 5.1." 

I belive my current GPU is not compatible with SFM, however i do not know which ones are, or which to select, as well as how to get them.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Intel, like it or not, NUCs did exist]

0 Kudos
sfm_teamfortress2

This should work:

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello sfm_teamfortress2,

Thank you for posting in Intel community Forum.

I have reviewed the SSU logs that you provided, and base on the logs, you are using Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics which is not in the list of the system requirements of Source Filmmaker (SFM). Kindly check the link below for the system requirements:

https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpWithGameTechnicalIssue?appid=1840#:~:text=System%20Requirements&text=Processor%3A%203.0%20GHz%20P4%2C%20Dual,768%20(1920%20x%201080%20suggested)

Your inquiry is what Graphics you should get. Base on the SSU logs, you are using a prebuilt system HP All-in-One 24-df1xxx.

The compatibility of the hardware is always dictated by the motherboard or system manufacturers. We recommend to contact HP, show them the system requirements of Source Filmmaker then ask which Graphics is validated/compatible to the system that support Source Filmmaker.

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
locustchief117
Beginner

I have the same problem with an Arca770 of 16 Phantom Gaming. Every time I start SFM this error always appears: "Unsupported Graphic Card DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 3.0". I get to the file and all the models and lights down to the maps themselves are all flat. WITHOUT THREE-DIMENSIONALITY! NO SHADOWS AND NO OCCLUSION! plus a diagonal white line that also appears in the finished animation rendering. How is this possible!?!?!?

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello sfm_teamfortress2,

I hope this message finds you well.

Were you able to check the previous post?

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello sfm_teamfortress2,

I hope you are having a good day.

I am sending another follow up to check if you still have clarifications. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos