Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1539 Discussions

Not outputting display on initial boot or waking from sleep

thegrantpa
Novice

Hello, 

I am having an issue where I get no display output when starting my PC in the morning or when waking from sleep. When the issue occurs, my mobo displays a "VGA" error light indicating "the graphics card or the CPU with integrated graphics is not detected or failed". After getting this error light, I hold the power button to force shut down, wait a few seconds, then press the power button and the PC boots normally with display output. 

I've removed the Arc card, booted from iGPU, removed all Intel Arc drivers and software, restarted to be sure it is all removed, then reinstalled Arc card and ensured the driver below is installed. However, the problem persists after this.

Any assistance is appreciated. 

GPU: ARC A770 16GB

Driver: 31.0.101.3490

CPU: i5 11600K

Mobo: MSI MAG B560M BAZOOKA w/ BIOS 7D18vA7

RAM: 32 GB G.SKILL 3600 MHz

Boot: 500GB Samsung 980 NVME M.2

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
SomeFellowNumber3

Are there any settings in your bios that default graphics display to a specified pcie slot?

0 Kudos
thegrantpa
Novice

I don't have any settings like this. Mobo also only has one PCIE x16 slot.

SomeFellowNumber3

Okay. Probably not that then.

Another complete guess: I see a Nvidia audio driver in your logs. Try uninstalling that and any other Nvidia graphics driver package stuff (unless you need it and you've got an external card configured or something crazy.)

On second thought, that error message seems to be coming from your motherboard. If that is true this issue is independent on windows drivers. I think the issue lies with either the graphics card, your motherboard or your CPU. Your motherboard is updated to the latest bios, and if it's in good condition it probably is not that.

0 Kudos
LynxRufus
New Contributor I

there should be..

in your case, since it's MSI, in your BIOS most likely in :

settings\advanced\Integrated Peripherals\VGA Detection

and/or or check

settings\advanced\Integrated Graphics Configuration\Initiate Graphic Adapter => set to [PEG]

settings\advanced\Integrated Graphics Configuration\IGD Multi-Monitor => [disabled]

also, are the settings  for ErP  &  Bios CSM disabled or  enabled ?

0 Kudos
thegrantpa
Novice

Motherboard is 11 months old, running the latest BIOS. I have swapped cases and reseated every component a few times, but I'd say it's in good condition.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel

Hello @thegrantpa

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities and for the detailed information. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused you. 

In both cases, I noticed that based on the information you provided you have an out-of-date driver, can you please update to version .3802: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/726609/intel-arc-graphics-windows-dch-driver.html

Let us know how it goes after the update.

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
thegrantpa
Novice
Thanks for the information Carlos. I did update earlier this week. I’ll update you if it still occurs.
0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel

Hello @thegrantpa

My pleasure, please let us know of any updates. Thanks for your time.

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel

Hello @thegrantpa

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel

Hello @thegrantpa

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

Carlos L. 

0 Kudos