Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1645 Discussions

PC suddenly restarts during gameplay

Balbunis
Beginner

i have Rebar enabled and CSM disabled.

The problem starts the other day when I play honkai star rail. It suddenly restarts while playing for 3hrs then i continue playing. The next day I tried playing Dota 2 then after 30 mins it suddenly restarts. I tried again and now whenever I play/load any game it suddenly restarts and dosent boot. The white led (vga) lits up constantly. I tried on and off several times and the boot problem goes away but the restarting problem still persists. I tried lowering the ddr speed to 2133 but the restarting problem is still there.

I also checked the event viewer under critical: Event ID 41 bugcheckcode 278 which I believe is related to graphics. 

I've used uninstalled the current driver using DDU, reinstall the latest beta driver 4576 and it still keeps restarting whenever I load a game. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Balbunis,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you.

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Is the issue present since day one?
  • What is the PSU model you have?
  • Is this the original adapter installed in your system?
  • Does the issue occur on the BIOS menu?
  • Have you checked system temperatures before the system shuts down?

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Balbunis
Beginner

1. No it is not present since day one. This is a newly build pc and it works fine on its initial start up until 2 weeks however the problem starts.

2. I have Apevia Prestige 800w Gold

3. Sorry wdym original adapter? If its the power connection, the gpu is directly to the psu by 8-pin and 6-pin PCIe power connectors.

4. No it doesn't occur in the BIOS nor browsing and idle. It only occurs when I load a game.

5. I used MSI Afterburner to monitor the temp. So far before the restarts, the temps for the CPU and GPU are 40-50 and 50-65 centigrade respectively.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Balbunis,

Thank you for the information provided.

Since you mentioned that the issue started after two weeks, we would like to know if there was a Hardware or Software change before the issue remains. Also, were you able to game this week?

We apologize for our previous response. To clarify, we would like to confirm if the Arc graphics adapter is the first one that has been installed on your newly built system. Were there any other graphics cards installed before the Arc graphics?

You mentioned that you noticed an error message in the event viewer. Would it be possible if you can share with us a screenshot of the error message you described?

Furthermore, we would like to recommend you run the Display Driver Uninstaller. Check How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver for instructions. Once you run the tool, you should install the latest driver from Intel driver, 31.0.101.4577. The DDU tool will eliminate all drivers and leftover files from previous driver versions.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Balbunis
Beginner

There were software changes. Before the restarts, I updated my bios to the latest available version. I also updated my graphics driver from 4575 to 4576. 

There were no hardware changes.

There were no other cards previously installed in my pc. 

As for the pic  can I send it on friday? I currently away from my pc and nobody can access it for me.

I uninstalled the old driver 4575 using DDU and installed the 4576. I will do as you recommended and get back to you on friday.

0 Kudos
Balbunis
Beginner

here is the screenshot of event viewer.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello Balbunis,

Thank you for the information provided.

We will wait for the results of installing the new driver 31.0.101.4577. Please keep us posted.

Best regards

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
Balbunis
Beginner

I used DDU to delete everything before installing the most recent driver 4577. For the entirety of the game, it has not yet restarted. But my worry is that it could happen again.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Balbunis

I see the issue is not happening after using DDU to install the latest driver as well we understand your concerns about the issue that might happen. Display Driver Uninstaller will delete all files from previous driver installations so if there was any corrupted file or installation DDU should have taken care of it. Before we request further information it would be better to just monitor the system for a few days to make sure the issue is resolved. We will monitor the thread for a few days but feel free to post back earlier in case the issue occurs again.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Balbunis
Beginner

I've been playing Control, Honkai Star Rail, and Dota 2 for a combined 16 hours, and none of them have restarted my pc. This problem is now resolved in my opinion. If the problem recur, i will post another thread here. Thank you very much for the help.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Balbunis,

Thanks for the information provided. We are glad to know that after testing for a few hours the restart problem did not occur. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Nazrex
New Contributor I

Hello Balbunis:

Not sure if you're still paying attention to this thread since its closed... but I just saw it and wanted to comment that I was having similar issues... with my PC spontaneously rebooting in the middle of playing certain games.

Here's my thread on the problem:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/PC-Spontaneously-Reboots-in-middle-of-Gameplay/m-p/1485079#M4168

Bottom line here; you're not alone in experiencing this problem and IF.. it happens again, and you determine that its your ARC GPU... 

Intel IS quick to get you a warranty replacement!

They sent me a warranty replacement within 5 business days of shipping my original back to them and so far, I've not had any more major problems.

0 Kudos