Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1669 Discussions

PalWorld Crashing A770-LE 16GB

Wille84FIN
Beginner

Hello. Decided to post this here. Just got Palworld, and it seems to crash every 10-15 minutes (generic Unreal Engine crash).

What is it with these UE5 games that constantly crash with ARC? It can't be my system, i have tried everything. Re-Installed Windows 11 Pro (fresh install), manually updated all drivers, ran every stability benchmark software (CPU/OC/RAM) out there. All these crashing issues usually relate to Unreal Engine 5 games, the only one without crashing issues has been Witchfire (Epic Store). Any suggestions to make my system.. well NOT crash? Outside of buying a different brand GPU of course.

Edit: Added Palword crash minidump files packed with Winrar. Six crashes so far, so six dump files.

Drivers (All) are latest.

Edit: Added Dxdiag, spelling & more context.

System is

12900KF

Z690-i

A770-LE 16GB

1Tb NVME (SKC3000) + 1Tb SSD

64GB DDR5 5600

1000W PSU

W11Pro

AW3821DW Display (3840x1600, 144Hz/120Hz 10-bit)

Lian-Li O11 DXL ROG case, 7x120mm Noctua, 360mm EK Nucleus Lux AIO

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ausimber
Beginner

Hello, I thought I'd chime in since I found a fix for my A770 and the various Unreal Engine crashes a month ago. It has to do with Unreal Engine 4 (and 5 in Palworld's case) running on DX11 with the Intel Arc. Unity engine is unaffected.

At least with Steam (I'm unsure about Epic or the Microsoft Store), you can set launch options to force DX12 and it will fix the crash that always occurs 15-45min in.

Open the game properties on Steam and under the launch options simply add "-DX12" without the quotes, save and launch the game. It should launch the game in DX12 and fix the issue.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Saveno
New Contributor I

Yep, getting regular crashes too.

0 Kudos
Ausimber
Beginner

Hello, I thought I'd chime in since I found a fix for my A770 and the various Unreal Engine crashes a month ago. It has to do with Unreal Engine 4 (and 5 in Palworld's case) running on DX11 with the Intel Arc. Unity engine is unaffected.

At least with Steam (I'm unsure about Epic or the Microsoft Store), you can set launch options to force DX12 and it will fix the crash that always occurs 15-45min in.

Open the game properties on Steam and under the launch options simply add "-DX12" without the quotes, save and launch the game. It should launch the game in DX12 and fix the issue.

Hope this helps.

Wille84FIN
Beginner

Thanks. Added -dx12 to Steam Palword launch options,  and played for 7 hours straight after. No crashing since.

I did lower resolution to 1440P (ultrawide) window from full screen 3840x1600 (ultrawide) and tweaked the settings (while still maintain good visuals) and did the engine.ini ultrawide tweak from developer themselves (below)

The Dev posted this on their site: (added to the end of the ini if Ultrawide user)

[/script/engine.localplayer]
AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV

But all in all, it seems to work now. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Saveno
New Contributor I

Thanks, can also confirm that this works. 

0 Kudos